News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Previously"What is this part"now missing a....

Started by hooligan971, May 13, 2011, 06:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooligan971

I must be getting senile ! I've got the wheels off the Tiger after just having replaced the tires and can't remember where this goes. Everything seems to go back together without it. Anyone know which wheel, which side and what it's located between. The diagram in the service manual doesn't show anything that looks like it.
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

JTT

Looks like the spacer that goes between the sprocket hub and the hub.  Very important part and easy to drop and forget.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Mustang

what JTT said and if you have been riding without you are just plain shit lucky . because usually what happens is you can't tighten the axle bolts tight enuff and you will have chewed the cush rubbers up .
seen it too manty times on other peoples bikes , as well as a tigger I bought from someone second hand

Timbox2

Quote from: "JTT"Looks like the spacer that goes between the sprocket hub and the hub.  Very important part and easy to drop and forget.

Certainly is, in your picture the R/H end goes in to the rear of the sprocket carrier bearing, put a blob of grease on it to stop it falling out when your assembling.

Oh, and pay attention next time, we may ask questions :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

hooligan971

Thanks guys ! No, I hadn't put the wheels on yet but was about to.
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

Danny955i

Here's a better question...

Where the hell is the rest of your finger?!?!

hooligan971

Between the teeth of the Tigers rear sprocket  :shock:
Just kidding, A barracuda bit it off on a diving trip   8)
My Mom cut it off when I was 3 so I'd stop picking my nose ! :P
Stuck my finger in the barrel just before my ex pulled the trigger  :x

Actually, I build custom stairs and lost it to a miter saw on the day after my wife and I separated . I'd gone to work to "Keep my mind off of things"   :roll:    
Ruined my whole day
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

iansoady

Quote from: "hooligan971"Actually, I build custom stairs and lost it to a miter saw on the day after my wife and I separated . I'd gone to work to "Keep my mind off of things"   :roll:    
Ruined my whole day

That's an excellent point - if I'm feeling a bit down the last thing to do is try to do some technical job as I'm almost sure to cock it up / damage myself.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

hooligan971

Anybody know if Hinckley sells a replacement ?
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

Timbox2

Quote from: "hooligan971"Anybody know if Hinckley sells a replacement ?

What, a finger?
2016 Tiger Sport

hooligan971

Yeah, Maybe a faster model  8)
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

Danny955i

bikebandit.com lists it in their parts manifest.