News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thank Heavans for the Royal Wedding

Started by Loops, April 30, 2011, 11:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loops

Whilst 'her indoor' was glued to the squawk box checking out the dress etc etc I managed to sneak a few hours in the garage.

Tasks completed.

New EBC front discs (non floating)
Double H pads both sides
Thorough clean of both calipers
New Brake fluid
New Continental Trail Attack front tyre
Replaced damping oil with a 5050 mix of 10w & 15w oil.

Excellent stuff.

Quick road test around the island (max 40mph honest officer) shows less dive on braking, firmer lever and no judder at the lever from warped discs!

Also no wheel wobble at speed - surprising as I fitted tyre myself and didn't ballence it.

Next weekend the back end gets the full teatment.  Tyre and lower shock mount plus maybe that rubberchain guide thing.

Hope you all have a geat weekend.

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

akey

Nice work,

I've just ordered some EBC discs and pads as mine below the limit, will be replacing all 3!

I got to sneak out for a test ride on the new 800 yesterday and a good ride out on some very quiet roads  :D

Bixxer Bob

You still working in the smoke Akey, or are you back home?

We've just bought a Grade 2 property in Norfolk as Jackie's job is re-locating to Marham.

We'll be another hour from civilisation but the silver lining is it has a 3-garage size workshop!!  8)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"You still working in the smoke Akey, or are you back home?

We've just bought a Grade 2 property in Norfolk as Jackie's job is re-locating to Marham.

We'll be another hour from civilisation but the silver lining is it has a 3-garage size workshop!!  8)

But you'll need permission to put a nail in the wall  :(

Nick Calne

Any problems at any stage with Listed Building Consent and give me a call Bob.  Very much my field of professional expertise. Grade 2 is easy! :wink:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Apparently it's only listed so that I don't do anything to impinge on the appearance of the old rectory next door (mid 1700's 8 bed country pile).  We're buying what was the gardner's cottage built in 1790.

I got ahead of the game before making an offer; I contacted the listings chap in the local council planning office (he approved some work done in 2006) who agreed to visit the property with me - partly to check the work had been done iaw the approval, and to tell me what was and wasn't possible.  Surprisingly, he was very helpful and, far from a list of can'ts, made some very useful suggestions that he would be happy to see in a planning application.

I think he was quite pleased to see someone that was going to put some effort in as it's suffered years of neglect.

And I'll be only 20 mins from Snetterton which you will know has just been remodelled, so I'll have room fro a few tents on BSB weekend once we settle in.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Apart from all the inbred carrot crunchers out there you'll sound then  :D

Nick Calne

Enjoy the house Bob.

Loops - Apologies for my part in drifting this thread into the weeds.  Looking forward to seeing the next installment.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?