News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Changing rear brakes.

Started by Kill Switch, November 17, 2004, 02:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

52blackshadow

My point still stands, whether you started riding in the 70s or the 1930s, it doesn't make you infallible.

As for what I use, I've already stated in my first posting on this thread, that I use Silicon Grease, as recommended by most brake caliper manufacturers (Aerosol brake cleaner and an old toothbrush first, followed by a light smear of silicon grease to lubricate the pistons into the seals).

As an example of the misinformation I'm trying to get past here, someone on another website where this question was asked stated that WD40 was ok to use because it is silicon based (wrong!).

Ride safe,

Shadow.
Ride safe!!!!!

Chris Canning

Miss information e'h!!!!!,a question was a asked and i gave a straight forward answer useing the same procedure that i've used for 30 years,does it work??? perfectly and have no hesitation in doing the same to both my AP sixpots and on the Beringers on the Tiger only a couple of grands worth!!!(and have done),if i had the slightest doubt i wouldn't do it.

What i find interesting is were's the infalible come from??? whats all that about.

Nice to see you got round to putting your own way of doing things,you'll have to excuse me that i don't go into some kind of tirade telling people on this board how i think my idea is better than yours,people can make their own choice.

Chris

Howlin

That's the nice thing about a forum,ask a question, get some ideas and use the one you want. :D
Hope everyone had a good Thankgiving.

tomla

wd40 is slightly acidic...so it's not the best thing to use on rubber/plastic.  you'd be better off with silicone spray for cleaming purposes on brake piston boots.  I use CRC 3-36 now instead of wd...