News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

gear trouble

Started by yack_ass, October 17, 2010, 02:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "yack_ass"...To be honest my biggest fear is not finding parts :D, I've found a gearbox so that is resolved, all that worries me now is or shoud I say are the selas/gaskets (what is the difference?). I don't want to use the silicone paste sealant or whatever it is called ....   :?

Seals prevent leakage, such as the rubber oil seal on your crankshaft keeps the engine oil inside.

Gaskets prevent leakage, such as the one between your two crankcase halves keeps the engine oil inside.

Hang on, now I've got myself confused... I guess it's more of an intuitive thing... :oops:

Seriously though, you can use "paste" as you put it (engineers at Loctite will be throwing themselves from windows about now) instead of gaskets in some cases - such as joining casings etc - but can't be used instead of seals.  I wouldn't try paste instead of a head gasket though.... :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

yack_ass

:friday  :friday  :friday happy day, finly have the €€€ to buy the box, tomorrow I pay. With any luck I'll be wrenching nex saturday  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

(maybe I'll get a ride in 2011 :D)  

edit: hopefully in 2010  :roll:

yack_ass

hey guys just a quick word :D

tonight at 22:04 my green Tiger woke up for the first time it got shut down in Normandy more than half a year ago :D

it is a time for celebration

I would write more, but I have to report to my army baracks at 6:00 tomorrow so no time :( .

Just wanted to share the joy :D :friday :friday :friday

NKL

Well done. Glad you got it sorted, and now you know your bike inside out.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

KuzzinKenny

Take it easy the first time out, no point in undoin all that hard work !!

hope its runs as smooth as silk !!  :D

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly