News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

where to get a corbin seat?

Started by kingdomstyle, March 09, 2011, 09:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingdomstyle

where is a place i might find a used corbin seat? or is there a place to get one cheaper than 329.00 bucks.thanks for help  :D
1999 TIGER black.2008 XR650L,2008 KLX450R

Mustang

you are probably gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new one from corbin . If it helps you feel any better they are worth their weight in gold compared to the stock steamer seat .

kingdomstyle

no no say it aint sooo.....lol  yeah my last tiger had the corbin and it was the greatest mod ever!!!!i could be a sales man for those seats!!!329.00 bucks is tough   :?

rybes

i got mine of ebay. cost me 40 quid  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

kingdomstyle

i have been watching ebay,but no luck

rybes

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

BruKen

I believe I have a stock OEM seat. (ie no gel inserts or mods)  Why anyone would want to change it is beyond me. It is for me the nicest I have ever had, beemers etc included. For the first time in 25 years of riding I managed 10 hours in the saddle for 14 days solid and never suffered numb bum or monkey butt once.

And the first person to suggest middle age must have given me a fat ass gets it in the neck :D

fishnbiker

OK, I'll take it in the neck, one for the Gipper.  I tried a modified stock based on what I saw in a Corbin, but still not enough improvement. My Corbin is by far the best mod I've done in owning the Tiger since 1997. It upped my comfy saddle time to 12 hours or more.  A full sheepskin helps even more.

Just keep an eye on Ebay or Craigslist. One will show up someday.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

BruKen

:oops: OK, this is where I stick my neck out, hopefully its for the common good.

Watch what you wear. I found out jeans and synthetic bike gear actually exacerbated seat un-comfortability. Bit obvious but amazing how so many of us ignore it, like wearing part nylon socks on a hike. Leather with groin breathing patches and voila. Cycle shorts underneath alleluja. Anything that gives ya a sweaty backside is going to make life a misery.