News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sticking Throttle with Heated Grips

Started by pauljones1227, November 19, 2004, 11:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljones1227

This morning I decided to kill the London chill by turning my heated grips on for the first time. After a few minutes the throttle started to stick and over time I could feel the tightening get worse.

So instead of killing the chill I could easily kill myself as this is lethal.

I have read a few other reports from way back about this problem and you'd think Triumph would have sorted this by now.

Unless anyone can recommend a fix ??

Robbie

Hi Paul

simply unscrew the bar weight, find a small washer that will fit between the weight and the inside of the bar and pop it back on.
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

pauljones1227

Robbie

Really, simple as that ??

I shall try tonight and owe you one if it works

Cheers

Brock

Robbie's right. I had this problem. Just a washer is all it takes. Obviously some of the later heated grips are slightly longer, and when they expand with the heat they start to jam. Easy peasy!
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Robbie

Forgot to say a small drop of thread lock is a good idea when putting back together and a good fitting allen key is a must
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

pauljones1227

Works perfectly,

Thanks