News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My tiger experience

Started by DennisB, May 14, 2011, 06:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisB

In late feb, I bought my first tiger. It's a 99 885 ( I know, I know ) I should have gotten a newer one, but price was an issue. I found it here in the classified section did some searching around and through the magic of the search function here I found info leading me to ADV where I found out more problems, and the poor girl had been passed around like a too bit workin girl. All that beeing known I made the long drive to pic her up first thing i did was put a couple hundred hard miles on it to "shake" her down and she hung in like a pro and I am happy to say that after new sprokets, chain, tires, fork oil, recall items never done, and some wiring repairs and a few other tricks learned through the years. she's a sweet heart. I am used to pre AMF harleys and older Triumphs so tinkering is a labor of love. I researched the hell out of the tigers for two years before deciding to take the plunge and I am glad i did I am also glad that this bike came to me so I could give her a rest, I think that my love of the old and wore out has made me a better person.

Mustang

JTT

Quote from: "DennisB"I think that my love of the old and wore out has made me a better person.

...and almost certainly a better mechanic   8)
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

D-Fuzz

I like to think that people on this board are buying these somewhat older bikes in order to give them a better life.  Certainly sounds like the case in this instance.  Good work! :D
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

zebulonsmith

Amen. A friend of mine thinks that I should be looking for another bike as my Girly has over 50k on her. Personally, I like to think that it's well broken in and am thankful that I don't have to replace valve shims nearly as often.

walker

the 885i is a nice bike. Fix the few little problems, and you're golden.

favorite part is the external alternator with regulator.  :D

Rocinante

Well done.  :hello2

My 98 Steamer has got about 140 Kkm on the clocks and is still alive and kicking. Lots of man hours to keep it in there though, but what joy when repair jobs ends in success.:)

Good luck and welcome.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

hooligan971

Pic's ?  I've got a Yellow 99. The guys here are great and always helpful. I love my Tiger more every ride. Enjoy !
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)