News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

And another thing !!! the clonking Noise...

Started by pauljones1227, November 19, 2004, 11:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljones1227

Whilst I'm having a moan, I submitted a post a few weeks ago about the clonking noise I'm getting from the front end of my 05 Tiger when I go over bumps.

Yesterday I went up the road with no earplugs and couldn't believe how loud this clonking noise has got, almost as If something is lose somewhere but I'm damned if I can find it.

A few others have this problem I know but wondered if anyone has found the problem out yet.

Reason me asking is my bike has another 2k before its next service and my Triumph dealer is just too damn far away for a quick visit.

Patrick the Scot

I'm remember somewhere on this website this very problem was being discussed. As I recall it was that the headset locknut was not tight enough, or something along those lines... I think the Triumph dealers were aware of it.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

New-Tiger

My dealer couldn't fine the reason for my tiger making this clonk noise. It still does it and sounds a bit like it could be the key mechanism sliding in its housing???

pauljones1227

I rang Triumph today about the clonking noise and they confirmed it is the sliders inside the forks.

Evidently it is completely normal, some dealers even pointed this out on pdi.

So one of those things I gotta live with.

sunny

thanks for the info Paul, i was just about to take mine back to the dealer as i wanted an answer.

cheers