News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Vacuum hose replacement. Help needed.

Started by Tigertriple, May 23, 2011, 02:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

I am about to buy a carbtune and while I am doing the balance I plan  to tackle changing the vacuum hoses on my 06 Tiger. The last owner had a Scotoiler fitted and removed it before I bought the bike. He didn't bother to take out the splice and I now want to do this.

My question is what size diameter of vacuum hose will I need to buy Or should I buy the hoses from Triumph?

Cheers
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Bixxer Bob

6mm silicone vacuum hose will do it, it has to be rigid enough to not collapse when small vacuum is applied.  Re the carbtune, I copied the setup I saw in a Triumph dealer by using additional tube and T pieces (avalable from Halfords etc).  Put the carbtune on the T and then put the T between the IACV and the TB with an additional tube stub.  That way the IACV still controls the tickover and you get a smoother end result.  Without the Ts you have to set a few revs on the throttle by jamming it with a rubber band or it won't tick over with the IACV disconnected.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...