News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine cutting out.

Started by Celtic Tiger, May 24, 2011, 04:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic Tiger

Hello Fellow Tiger owners. I bought an 885i recently and it has begun to cut out when I'm in traffic or just stopping to make a turn :? . It's done just over 30k and I can see by the service book that this is a required service interval (last one was 24k) so I'm just wondering what needs to be looked at at this point? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thnaks. :)

PeteH

The 24k service was a big one and should have included valve clearences, so I`d probably just change the oil and filter and wash its face.
As for the cutting out...mine used to do it a lot then it packed in completely. I traced a fault to the clutch switch connector..but only by belling out from the connector to the other end behind the cockpit.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Celtic Tiger

Peter,
        Thanks for getting back to me. I hope the valves were done, that was my concern really and I have no way of telling I suppose. Can you explain what 'belling out' is and where I can find the connector you mentioned? I will try that and see how I get on. It's all new ground at the moment.
                    Thanks again! 8)