News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Some stupid questions

Started by bunker, May 26, 2011, 03:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

Ok, dumb questions time (sorry); the steamer is currently sitting on mismatched boots - MT90 on the back and Anakee on the front.  The MT looks like its not been on long but the front will definatley need replacing and i'm thinking of matching the MT's up - will mostly be riding on the road mind.  Are there meant to be inner tubes as standard on the Tiger? I'm sure one or other of the tyres said it was tubeless, but i hear of folk changing punctures at the roadside etc, so whats the score? Tube or tubeless or depending on tyres?

Next dumb one - engine/crash bars; is anyone still making them for the old steamers? I've seen Triumph online ones but only for the 885i and onwards.

I'll stick with 2 dumb ones for now - cheers  :wink:
Tiger 885

D-Fuzz

Steamers have tubes but you can run tubes in tubeless tires.  I don't know that there are many options out there anymore for tubed tires in our sizes.

As far as engine guards go, there are the Thunderbike ones from New Zealand or the Hepco & Becker ones.  Being that you are in Europe, the H&B ones should be fairly easy to get.  If I remember right, there is a place in the UK that stocks them.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

rf9rider

Theres a set of engine bars on Ebay UK as we speak.