News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Charging Issue Fixed; Now Check Engine Light

Started by Fe Man, October 07, 2011, 05:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fe Man

Tiger is now charging, 14.9 at the battery (on the edge of being high). ECU was reset and the bike runs BETTER THAN EVER!

Now Check Engine Light is on!
All was fine until this morning; during a high speed, high RPM pass of multiple vehicles, the Check Engine light fires up.

Now what?

Mustang

WITHOUT A CODE READER YOU WILL NEVER KNOW .

I would run it for three heat cycles like you would when replacing the battery and see if it goes out on it's own . if it stays on you are going to need a code reader to tell you what fault is causing the light .

Fe Man

Quote from: "Mustang"WITHOUT A CODE READER YOU WILL NEVER KNOW .

I would run it for three heat cycles like you would when replacing the battery and see if it goes out on it's own . if it stays on you are going to need a code reader to tell you what fault is causing the light .

that was my initial plan...

You think 14.9 at the battery is too much?

Mustang

is that at idle ? if so yeah . at idle should see around 13.8

Fe Man

Quote from: "Mustang"is that at idle ? if so yeah . at idle should see around 13.8

Yes, at idle.

Mustang

you could well be overcharging at 5000 rpm , but you may be fine. I would check the voltage at 5000 rpm and see what ya got
you are going to need a code reader if the light stays on

Fe Man

Fe Man

14.93/4 at idle

14.91 at 5K RPMs...

Currently waiting to hear back from Rick's.
Looks like my riding plans this weekend just flew out the window.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

iansoady

[optimistic mode]
Some cheap multimeters are wildly inaccurate - maybe yours is just overreading?

[/optimistic mode]
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650