News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

5th to 6th

Started by DWNUNDR, June 07, 2011, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWNUNDR

Anyone else ever had their transmission go into neutral when shifting from 5th to 6th??

its happened a few times lately on mine...

on a different note, today being 94*F my bike didnt seem to hesitate as much under hard acceleration... what a crap ultimatum hahaha cooler nicer weather = flat spot 4-5K, steamy hot = great acceleration....
1996 Tiger - which is pissing me off right now
2010 KLX110L for playing with the kids on the track out back...

Mustang

they all do that ...learn to pull the lever up more :D

JetdocX

Air density works like that.

Shift like you mean it.  This is a man's bike, afterall. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "JetdocX".... This is a man's bike, afterall. :lol:

Where does that leave Mustang?  His good lady rides one does she not? :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

DWNUNDR

Quote from: "Mustang"they all do that ...learn to pull the lever up more :D
Funny cause when I change normal (harder) it doesnt.. so I thought maybe I was just vagueing out while riding.. its been hot hahaha
1996 Tiger - which is pissing me off right now
2010 KLX110L for playing with the kids on the track out back...

97tiger885

Quote from: "Mustang"they all do that ...learn to pull the lever up more :D

During the three years I have owned this mc, I have never shifted into a false neutral between 5th and 6th.  Now after reading this post I have hit that thing twice; both times happening this past weekend.  Bad mojo...bad mojo.