News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

@ Chris Canning re Airbox

Started by Bixxer Bob, June 06, 2011, 11:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucifer

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Not yet, I don't want to post anything until I know it at least works for me - like the current map and settings I'm using! :lol:

Oh you tease us so  :wink:

Totos Tiger

What is the "yellow box converter"?  I am kind of new to Tigers, but I do like to tweak a little performance out of whatever I can.

Mustang

Quote from: "Totos Tiger"What is the "yellow box converter"?  I am kind of new to Tigers, but I do like to tweak a little performance out of whatever I can.
will allow you to use a 17 inch wheel with 955i speedometer and still be calibrated

Totos Tiger

I drilled a 3 large hole in my 99 Thunderbird airbox.  I changed the needles a little and put in bigger jets.  It is a carbarated 885 motor.

Before the exhaust looked sooted up and it got 32 MPG. ran OK, but seems to be a little rich.

After it ran great 47 MPG.  Way better performance!

I guess I am saying I am not surprised if Triumph has the tiger airbox too restrictive also.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "Totos Tiger"What is the "yellow box converter"?  I am kind of new to Tigers, but I do like to tweak a little performance out of whatever I can.
will allow you to use a 17 inch wheel with 955i speedometer and still be calibrated

I have to say when a guy mails you from Arkansas telling  you he knows the person who has the answer to a solution that you've trying to solve for 6 months,but says he's in Wollongong Australia you start wondering if it ain't april the first.