News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel problem I think

Started by hooligan971, June 09, 2011, 06:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooligan971

I rode yesterday for the first time since the high rpm vibration showed up and now have a new symptom. Bike idles fine but misses and sputters until up to about 4000 rpm unless I go real easy on the throttle, once up to speed she seems to be ok except for the buzzy vibration (not a noticeable loss of power) I'm thinking a fuel issue. Bike has less than 7000 miles so I doubt plugs and wires are the problem but not sure.  
By the way, I drained the fuel and replaced with new just in case there might have been water in the last gas I bought but that wasn't the problem.
I hope to get the tank off this evening to check for air leaks in fuel system and replace filter and check plugs.
 Any suggestions ? I need her back on the road asap.
  Thanks
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)