News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB 955i Gel Seat

Started by scottcassidy, June 02, 2011, 07:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcassidy

I am looking to buy a Gel Seat for my Tiger 955i

Bixxer Bob

They come up on Ebay from time to time.  Have you had one before?  I had one for a season and sold it on. In the winter it was rock hard and sucked the heat out of your ass to thaw it.  In summer the gel held the heat well and was very uncomforable to sit on for a while if it'd been in the sun for any length of time.  Aside from that, I didn't find it any more comfortable than the original.

On my Blackbird I spent an equivalent amount on a custom seat which is just brilliant.  Should've gone the same way on the Tiger but no longer do the 150 mile commutes so the need dropped away.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

scottcassidy

Morning Bob

No not tried one before but on the original i can only do about 100 mile before i need to get off for a while and was thinking i maybe should try the gel seat .. I have seen other posts saying the same as you about heat and cold..

Bixxer Bob

A lot of folks swear by the Airhawk air seat pad.  I've not tried one as I struggle a bit with the seat height to start with but it's an option.

I have an old sheepskin rug in the loft that's going to get cut down when I get a chance.  Kuzzin Kenny has one on his which gives it that cool, long distance adventurer look.  He's quick to put it away when it rains though  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Totos Tiger

For long distances, I use a Russell Day long..PERFECT I could sit on it .  However forever with no issues.  However,  I am 5' 11" and it is too tall and wide for me to want to use it for short trips or around town.

Timbox2

+1 for the Airhawk as long as you have the legs, I can ride all day with mine without a twinge plus you can take it from bike to bike.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

@scottcassidy

Folks are helpful on here eh? :lol:

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"They come up on Ebay from time to time.  Have you had one before?  I had one for a season and sold it on. In the winter it was rock hard and sucked the heat out of your ass to thaw it.  In summer the gel held the heat well and was very uncomforable to sit on for a while if it'd been in the sun for any length of time.  Aside from that, I didn't find it any more comfortable than the original.

On my Blackbird I spent an equivalent amount on a custom seat which is just brilliant.  Should've gone the same way on the Tiger but no longer do the 150 mile commutes so the need dropped away.

Yep put us down as the same,and sold e'm within a week of coming off holiday with the said Gel seats.

DaFool

I switched from the stock seat and have been very happy with the gel.

I guess we all have different bums...... :lol:

Tigertriple

Quote from: "scottcassidy"I am looking to buy a Gel Seat for my Tiger 955i

Here is one for sale on eBay just now,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/triumph-tiger-955 ... _500wt_922

I had a gel seat for a while but it was not any better than the stock seat. I now have a Tony Archer seat which is really good. I have a spare set of stock seats that I will be selling and would be good for being re upholstering.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

bjago

In my experience, I have had the gel seats and the Airhawk and Corbin and now a Sheepskin.
The gel seat was bad, too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.
The Airhawk made me feel like I was riding on a red bouncy ball.
The Corbin is near perfect for my ass.
The Alaska leather sheepskin cover and the Corbin makes this an easy 1000 mile a day bike.

The Corbin has the shape and support and the sheepskin provides cooling airflow and additional support. The first thing to getting into a monkey butt situation is the heat and lack of airflow to cool the skin.  The sheepskin is perfect in that regard.

Thats just this one mans report
05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

greatbuffalo

There is a gel seat available on advrider.com in the fleamarket parts section
2001 Triumph Tiger. Black