News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A bit O luck me thinks !!

Started by KuzzinKenny, June 06, 2011, 02:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

Time for the 24.000 Ml service, so off comes the seats, battery, tank  :shock: and air box !! Phew !! not been in here before   :?

anyhoo !! put battery on charger and noticed its got swollen cells ( NO its not got mumps !! ) its never failed me in almost 7 years so hence title !! so off to the bay and found another Yuasa YTX14-BS for £36.99  :thumbsup

not in any rush to get bike serviced, so will take me time as i need to touch bits up aswell !! ( with paint )   :roll:

KK

ps when in at edin/triumph for me oil filter i had a looky at the new TigerXC and i does look goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood !!  :wink:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Chris Canning

My original Yuasa was the same,I do a bit with batteries the one off ebay is really good money,and while your at it dremmel the blanking plate out of the airbox(don't try undo the screws that hold it together) and if your changing the airfilter put a K+N in.

Bixxer Bob

Edit: Sorry Kenny, I was about to hijack you thread by talking airbox, so I started a new one.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Chris Canning"My original Yuasa was the same,I do a bit with batteries the one off ebay is really good money,and while your at it dremmel the blanking plate out of the airbox(don't try undo the screws that hold it together) and if your changing the airfilter put a K+N in.

:thumbsup  did the blankin plate today and there's a K+N ready to go in !!

I've been paranoid about takein the tank off for years with all the horror stories about the fuel fittings snappin and bits O broken plastic in the tank plate  :shock:  :? turns out it must of been the model before mine with 2 pipes comein out of the tank !! the 05 model only has 1  :D Phew !!

Valve clearances done  :thumbsup

Fuel filter changed  :thumbsup

KK

ps i might even be gettin a lapytopy thingy from me mate if he can fix it  :wink:  so i can do the Map Tune Ecu thingy  :?  :shock:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Does yours run well then Kenny, or do you have the usual issues?

WRT TuneECU, what I mean is, if it's running ok, look but don't touch  :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Does yours run well then Kenny, or do you have the usual issues?

WRT TuneECU, what I mean is, if it's running ok, look but don't touch  :D

Hey BB !! the only prob with me Tigger is at about 3000revs tryin to stick to the 30MPH speed limits   :? it gets a bit jerky but im hopin the body balance will sort it out  :wink:

but if it don't !! TuneECU should  :D

KK

ps new plugs fitted and the cam cover buttoned up  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"...Hey BB !! the only prob with me Tigger is at about 3000revs tryin to stick to the 30MPH speed limits   :? it gets a bit jerky but im hopin the body balance will sort it out  :wink:

Oh how naive you are mate......

Once you've got the TuneECU kit, drop me a PM.  I have an idea that could make this easy for you.  Well, it won't make it harder anyway.... :?

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"...Hey BB !! the only prob with me Tigger is at about 3000revs tryin to stick to the 30MPH speed limits   :? it gets a bit jerky but im hopin the body balance will sort it out  :wink:

Oh how naive you are mate......

Once you've got the TuneECU kit, drop me a PM.  I have an idea that could make this easy for you.  Well, it won't make it harder anyway.... :?

Brilliant !! yer comein up to Scotland to do it for me  :wink: cheers mate !!  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

new fleebay battery arrived today, so its filled and on charge  :thumbsup

KK

ps did see a few cracks in the coil packs  :shock:

Bixxer Bob

Just let me know when you are ready  :wink:

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Just let me know when you are ready  :wink:

I'll need to make a bit O space in the garden ( field ) for yer Winnerbagel  :lol:

set the throttle bodies tonight, that was a job and an af in the little space i have, refit modded airbox with K+N filter and its sittin with the sump plug out and oil filter off overnight to get all the old oil out  :D

had a looky at the TuneECU site again  :shock:  :?  :icon_scratch  can someone dumb it down a bit for me  :oops: NET.framethings, drivers, Jeez !! i thought gettin a laptop was goin to be the hardest part !!

i need sleeppppppppppppp :sleepy1

KK

KuzzinKenny

Well thats me finished the service   :shock: thats hard goin in a small space  :?  hope to get out tomorrow cos i got to pick up me new rad cap from Edin/Triumph ( its for a spare as you,ve all got me paranoid about them failin  :shock: ) £13  :x

if you aint checked yer brakes in a while !! DO IT !! i thought mine were fine but i still had a semi stuck slide  :shock:

now i need to put some miles on her   :D

KK

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Just let me know when you are ready  :wink:

I'll need to make a bit O space in the garden ( field ) for yer Winnerbagel  :lol:

set the throttle bodies tonight, that was a job and an af in the little space i have, refit modded airbox with K+N filter and its sittin with the sump plug out and oil filter off overnight to get all the old oil out  :D

had a looky at the TuneECU site again  :shock:  :?  :icon_scratch  can someone dumb it down a bit for me  :oops: NET.framethings, drivers, Jeez !! i thought gettin a laptop was goin to be the hardest part !!

i need sleeppppppppppppp :sleepy1

KK

First, no, I'm not coming up at least not in the forseeable; we're moving house next week.

Take it a step at a time, and pm me as you go; I'll send you my phone so you can ring for help.