News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tires again :/

Started by brad1098, June 02, 2011, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad1098

Looking for suggestions. . . . . At this point I need 2 bikes.  The Tiger with Tourances and a 250-450cc plated dirt bike.  Well thats not in the cards, new house is nickle and dimeing me to death.

At 2,400 miles the and the viabration issues the Shinkos are on their way out.  Do I try the expensive, but cheaper than another bike  TKC 80 experiment?  Im sure I will love them except the price and longevity.  

Or do I go back to Tourances, which I know and love except when Im on the occasional fire road, rock levee, etc.

Also interested in the tubeless conversion, any info on that?
02 black-Lorna

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

brad1098

Anakee 2's look good with great reviews.

Wonder why they make a H rated to 130mph and a V rated to 149mph.

They are all going on dual sport bikes 130 should be plenty, unless there is somthing I am missing?
02 black-Lorna

JetdocX

My steamer will do north of 130. :twisted:
From parts unknown.

Yankee Dog

Quote from: "brad1098"Looking for suggestions. . . . ...........At 2,400 miles the and the viabration issues the Shinkos are on their way out.  ..............?

What sort of pressure are you running in the Shinkos?  I was running low 30s and found them quite buzzy. I ran the pressure up to 42/40 and things have smoothed out quite well.

Yankee Dog

daveb

Quote from: "JetdocX"Try the Anakee II.

I agree, 6000 miles on Anakee II on rear wheel, still had about 1-1.5mm left before tyre limit bars.

kev w

Gone with the Anakee II on my Girly. 500 miles in and liking them, feel to have more grip when 'pushing' on a little. Without wishing to hijack the thread has anyone else noticed the line around them which seemed to appear predominently in the rear but evident in the front. Having returned to my dealer they contacted Michelin who have informed us it is an anti static strip and not any kind of defect. New one to me?!
Cheers,
Kev
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R

tett

Heidenau K60's all the way.  These tires are amazing.  I love them on pavement and on rough gravel.  Will also last about twice as long or more than TKC80's

Cheers!

tett

Quote from: "brad1098"Looking for suggestions. . . . . At this point I need 2 bikes.  The Tiger with Tourances and a 250-450cc plated dirt bike.  Well thats not in the cards, new house is nickle and dimeing me to death.

At 2,400 miles the and the viabration issues the Shinkos are on their way out.  Do I try the expensive, but cheaper than another bike  TKC 80 experiment?  Im sure I will love them except the price and longevity.  

Or do I go back to Tourances, which I know and love except when Im on the occasional fire road, rock levee, etc.

Also interested in the tubeless conversion, any info on that?
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

The Midnight Rambler

If you are purely on road you might want to try Michelin Pilot Roads. These are available in our sizes and apparently use the same carcase as the Anakee, just a pure road tread. I have gone through two sets now and get around 7k from a rear, but I am always dubious about people quoting mileages as so much can depend on style and type of road.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

D-Fuzz

I just bought a set of Mitas E-07 tires.  They are made in the Czech Republic, very similar to the Heidenau tread design.  The price of them was good and from what I have read, they seem to give decent mileage.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Yukon

I am currently running the Anakee II on both the front and the rear.  I love how the tire performs on gravel roads and in the rain.  However the cupping that I have experienced on the front tire has been terrible.  With the Anakee I, I developed small circular cups that created a somewhat bearable road noise.  The Anakee II has developed a "J" shaped cup and the road noise is overwhelming.  Has anyone matched a rear Anakee with something else on the front with favorable results?

Here is a pic of the front tire, it currently has about 5,000 mile on it.

Timbox2

Quote from: "Yukon"I am currently running the Anakee II on both the front and the rear.  I love how the tire performs on gravel roads and in the rain.  However the cupping that I have experienced on the front tire has been terrible.  With the Anakee I, I developed small circular cups that created a somewhat bearable road noise.  The Anakee II has developed a "J" shaped cup and the road noise is overwhelming.  Has anyone matched a rear Anakee with something else on the front with favorable results?

I got the same cupping with my Anakees, I actually ran the front until 7500 miles, but it was dire towards the end, yeah and the noise.  I had a Tourance on the Front with an Anakee rear for a couple of thou miles, seemed fine, got 10k out of a Tourance on the front once. Im now back to Conti Trail Attacks, much better for road IMHO.
2016 Tiger Sport

Yukon

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "Yukon"I am currently running the Anakee II on both the front and the rear.  I love how the tire performs on gravel roads and in the rain.  However the cupping that I have experienced on the front tire has been terrible.  With the Anakee I, I developed small circular cups that created a somewhat bearable road noise.  The Anakee II has developed a "J" shaped cup and the road noise is overwhelming.  Has anyone matched a rear Anakee with something else on the front with favorable results?

I got the same cupping with my Anakees, I actually ran the front until 7500 miles, but it was dire towards the end, yeah and the noise.  I had a Tourance on the Front with an Anakee rear for a couple of thou miles, seemed fine, got 10k out of a Tourance on the front once. Im now back to Conti Trail Attacks, much better for road IMHO.

Thank you for the reply.  I need to make a change soon.