News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

painted my other bike what do you think??

Started by malc, June 09, 2011, 07:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malc

It does not do what the tiger does but its fun & I like it, its a good handler & a great toy to play on & upsets many sport bikes in the twisties.
It cant carry luggage & its not really comfy its also got a rubbish tank range, but it rides great handles really well pulls likea train & looks stunning imo.

And I use the tiger every day & I like her too.
its grrreaaattttttttt

oxnsox

Nice job malc.  Looks much better than the original colours (me thinks).  Have sent a copy of your pix to a mate who has one.

Like you he enjoys it for a blast in the twisties and to clear the cobwebs out. (His more regular ride is a Triumph Scrambler)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hansi

Quote from: "tazshido"I test rode the XR1200X at the Thunder in the Rockies rally (Loveland, CO) last summer and it IS the best handling Harley I have ever ridden. I REALLY liked it for a HD, wasn't all that impressed with it as a motorcycle. It has a well sorted chassis and the brakes are great. Now "the motor company" needs to put a REAL motor on that chassis and they will have a fantastic bike.
I don't bash Harley bikes, I bash Harley engines and prices.

By the way, Sweet looking paint job. It looks real good on the XR.

If you really want to have an outstanding handling bike with a Harley engine, try any XB-Series Buell  and not an XR 1200 with its outdated frame, suspension and brakes.
I really do like the paint job. Well done!
 Don't need to like the Motor Company and their outdated designs. But I'm partial, used to ride a Buell Ulysses.

tazshido

Quote from: "hansi"If you really want to have an outstanding handling bike with a Harley engine, try any XB-Series Buell  and not an XR 1200 with its outdated frame, suspension and brakes.
 Don't need to like the Motor Company and their outdated designs. But I'm partial, used to ride a Buell Ulysses.

Test rode one of those also, and whereas you are right about the XBs being hands down better than an XR, it would have been SOOOO much better with a REAL engine. Eric Buell's first mistake was to get in bed with H-D. He finally figures out how to make a non-ducati V-twin win a race by using a Rotax motor and what does the motor company do? Shuts his business down and sends him packing. With friends like that, who needs enimas?
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "tazshido"
Quote from: "hansi"If you really want to have an outstanding handling bike with a Harley engine, try any XB-Series Buell  and not an XR 1200 with its outdated frame, suspension and brakes.
Test rode one of those also, and whereas you are right about the XBs being hands down better than an XR, it would have been SOOOO much better with a REAL engine. Eric Buell's first mistake was to get in bed with H-D. He finally figures out how to make a non-ducati V-twin win a race by using a Rotax motor and what does the motor company do? Shuts his business down and sends him packing. With friends like that, who needs enimas?

I own a Buell XB9S Lightning. I've torn the 984cc vtwin down to almost nothing and it's actually not a bad motor. It's a lot less complicated than the two 885 Triples I have in the stable, not to mention it can kick their asses both in the corners and on the straights. Buell engineering took the 60 ci twins to the highest horse/torque levels they ever had before the Screaming Eagle came out. Harley has a lot to thank Buell for. Up until then, Harley motors were sitting around 70 horses. My XB9S was dynoed at 110. Reaches 60 mph in second gear.

It's not how fast you go anyway: it's how well you go fast that matters.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Mustang

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"
Quote from: "tazshido"

I own a Buell XB9S Lightning. I've torn the 984cc vtwin down to almost nothing and it's actually not a bad motor. It's a lot less complicated than the two 885 Triples I have in the stable, not to mention it can kick their asses both in the corners and on the straights. Buell engineering took the 60 ci twins to the highest horse/torque levels they ever had before the Screaming Eagle came out. Harley has a lot to thank Buell for. Up until then, Harley motors were sitting around 70 horses. My XB9S was dynoed at 110. Reaches 60 mph in second gear.

It's not how fast you go anyway: it's how well you go fast that matters.
yabbut how many miles on the buell and it needed a rebuild
the 885 motors will run forever ..........just sayin

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "Mustang"yabbut how many miles on the buell and it needed a rebuild
the 885 motors will run forever ..........just sayin

Oh for sure: agreed. In defense of my XB9S, it was damage to the transmission seal that caused the engine rebuild project. It's a strange design: giant seal right down the middle of the tranny shaft (the PO hit with a hammer or something) that caused water to leak in and not leak out, killing the transmission.

Since I was in there, I redid the rings and cyls.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

hansi

[/quote]yabbut how many miles on the buell and it needed a rebuild
the 885 motors will run forever ..........just sayin[/quote]

Oh yes, the earth shattering 54hp out of that 883cc engine.javascript:emoticon(':shock:')  Of cause it will run forever with that kind of power output/compression!!!! It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Mustang

Quote from: "hansi"Oh yes, the earth shattering 54hp out of that 883cc engine.  Of cause it will run forever with that kind of power output/compression!!!! It's like comparing apples and oranges.
Dude go back and reread we were comparing the Buell engine to a Triumph triple not an 883 sportster lump