News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what is she worth?

Started by BruKen, May 29, 2011, 09:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

Its a new year and so a new project. These are always sad times but to make room I am normally obliged to sell the last project on.
98 black steamer restored to absolute stock except for red shoes (dont ask :) ). Bare metal frame up restore completed 6000 miles ago.

Restore thread http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 4463#64463

R0B

probably around £1500, maybe a bit more for the right guy................I've been watching prices on ebay, and you generally get between £850 and £1850 depending on age mileage, looney bidders etc. As your bike needs nothing, I reckon it's towards the top end.

Rob

BruKen

Parkers prices then. I suppose that's good news then because I won't let her go for less than 2.5 ish. Guess I'm looking for a workshop rental space or garage space.

I'm looking for a TT or Daytona that's binable, going free or pennies (ok I'm reasonable on price but am looking for a challenge)

Timbox2

Knowing how much work you put into it, £2500 is cheap, hope you get it.

PS: I have seen a particular dealer ask close to 3k for very tidy ones, and I bet they are nowhere near yours
2016 Tiger Sport

BruKen

When I built this one I kept her standard so I might keep some value in the parts put in. I put 2.5k in and although one can never say show room condition, its as close as damnit. What this bike does have is head turn appeal. Whenever she is parked up in a group of bikes everyone gravitates to her. Should some one buy her they'll not feel short changed in the pride of ownership department. Plus she goes like stink :D

Nick Calne

I reckon someone will pay £2.5k, and quite rightly so.  Hold your nerve, sir!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Agreed.  When you look at bikes in the dealers, you sometiomes thing that's way overpriced, but sooner or later someone comes along that wants it bad enough.

As this on is a real looker, it might be worth talking to a dealer about putting it in their showroom to sell on commission Ken, assuming it's not snapped up straight away, which it should be  :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Colonel Nikolai

Lookin' real good. Wish I had it and I like the red calipers!
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

mantramoto

Nice! Wish she could walk on water to California!

Big Mick

Quote from: "BruKen"When I built this one I kept her standard so I might keep some value in the parts put in. I put 2.5k in and although one can never say show room condition, its as close as damnit. What this bike does have is head turn appeal. Whenever she is parked up in a group of bikes everyone gravitates to her. Should some one buy her they'll not feel short changed in the pride of ownership department. Plus she goes like stink :D
Did you sell the bike in the end ? If not I may be interested.
Cheers Mick
97 Steamer, Caspian Blue.
Girly wheels, Venom Exhausts, Corbin Seat,
Powerbronze Touring Screen, Triumph span adjustable levers.