News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Armed Forces Day 2011

Started by KuzzinKenny, June 25, 2011, 02:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

i was in me garden today ( friday ) mindin me own business, when i start hearin this noise and it was gettin louder and LOUDER    :shock: then it appears from over the tree tops..............

not in these colours tho !!

a Lancaster Bomber flies over me head !!   :shock:  8)

then the Red Arrows  :roll:

well ya don't see that everyday !!   :wink:

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20156/ ... day_2011/4

:icon_salut  :bowdown

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

JetdocX

Four V12 engines????  I'd be sporting some wood still! :lol:
From parts unknown.

fraser ross

***mod edit**** stuck it here because it doesn't belong in tiger gallery and it needs a ride report to go in Ride Reports .......so this thread seemed like the logical choice *********

fraser ross

hope to see them fly over george square on sunday !

Robbie

Same thing happened to me last Saturday, tinkering in the shed when I heard the distinctive Merlin roar. I used to live in Lincolnshire and the BBMF used to over fly every other week in the summertime. I thought it was going to land at John Lennon so ran upstairs to get a view but it flew down the runway and banked off into cloud, perhaps he was just getting a fix. The Garmin may have thrown a wobbly; should have stuck with the SPIII
I don't know what it is, the noise, the shape of the thing or all those Saturday afternoons watching the Dam Busters but just looking at it is exciting.
3 cheers to the men who keep that bird flying.
After me nerr neerr nerr nerr
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

KuzzinKenny

It sure is an awesome sound, it returned today. bankin hard from Edinburgh airport and over to Queensferry, then flew down the Forth valley to do its fly bye over Edinburgh !!

what an amazing sight !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

fraser ross

sorry bout wrong post just figured out how to post pics well nearly regards fraser

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "fraser ross"sorry bout wrong post just figured out how to post pics well nearly regards fraser

I thought it fitted in here very well  :wink:

KK

ps paintjob on helmet  :thumbsup

TigerTrax

This is a must see video..... This is terrific. Turn the sound up and go to full screen.

My father flew  B-17 bomb runs over Italy and Germany.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

JetdocX

Thanks, Tigertrax.  Some really stunning cinematography on some really rare metal, there.
From parts unknown.

TigerTrax

This is one of many stories about the Japanese occupation of the Philippines. I heard many while I lived there. All were gruesome. These should be repeated. The stories of the bombing of London. The stories of the concentration camps in Europe. Wherever tyranny raised it's ugly head... the stories should forever be told. They are the canary in the coal mine. . . warning of danger should it ever come again.

While growing up in the mid-50's I lived in the Philippine Islands.
A classmate at the American School who  was born in the Philippines, lived thru the Japanese occupation of Manila. His father was the local agent for the President Lines steamship company .. and had been for many years.

When Japanese took over the island they arrested all prominent civilians and many international citizens. My friend was about 1 year old and was left with his nanny as his parents were hauled away and imprisoned at   St Thomas .. a Catholic church / school in Manila. In the courtyard the Japanese would literally use a machine gun to execute civilians, cover them with dirt using bulldozers, and bring out the next group. My friend never saw his mother again and his father was eventually released.

Fast fwd:
About 2004-2005 another one of my American School classmates decided to make a documentary about the 'undocumented war' in the Philippines.
A key part of that film was the church of St Thomas used as a prison.
My friend went along to help film.

When they reached St Thomas courtyard, rebuilding had changed everything. It was difficult capturing what really happened there. Almost everyone who was a witness at the time... was long gone. But a man said,
"come with me"... and he lead them down to a long tunnel into a room where ALL the records from WW2 were packed in boxes.

As they went through the records my friend found the documents for his mother and father. They showed their date of capture and imprisonment and everything else while they were prisoners. It also showed his father's release date and his mother dying of ... what may have been pnuemonia.

So 50 years later he finally knew more about his parents ordeal and his mother's fate.

My friend lives in South Dakota. We e-mail each other every day. Until 10 years ago I last saw him in 1957.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'