News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

torque wrench that goes to 200?

Started by Colonel Nikolai, June 27, 2011, 02:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Nikolai

I have to turn a crankshaft nut to 180-190 foot pounds. My torque wrench only goes to 100. Buddy's heavy duty one goes to 150. Any ideas?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Mustang

simple reply without having to spend any money .............with your buddy's wrench you'll know when your at 150 , then give her a little more with a breaker bar you'll be damn close to your mark . So close that I wouldn't worry about it .

Colonel Nikolai

I guess that makes sense! The factory manual states Locktite 262 on this nut as well. Belt and suspenders approach I guess. Otherwise who has a Torque wrench from the planet Krypton, eh?

MtheTiger

Quotesimple reply without having to spend any money .............with your buddy's wrench you'll know when your at 150 , then give her a little more with a breaker bar you'll be damn close to your mark . So close that I wouldn't worry about it .

+1 for this low tech & cost effective solution
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

topher0268

I don't have one that goes to 200 but I've got an old amp that goes to "11"  :lol:

(shameless Spinal Tap reference)
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

aeronca

you could try "Auto Zone or Schucks or Napa" or any major auto parts store. they usualy have a loaner tool program and may have one that's 25-250.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "aeronca"you could try "Auto Zone or Schucks or Napa" or any major auto parts store. they usualy have a loaner tool program and may have one that's 25-250.

I could try that! Not confident my nearby Napa "goes to 11" on the tools they loan dept, tho.  :lol:

John Stenhouse

I have one 25 to 250..........................not a lot of help I know sorry  :oops:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting