News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I almost got "crashed" today.

Started by tazshido, July 08, 2011, 01:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

As I was leaving my work from the warehouse on an Army National Guard base, wearing my required high visibility vest (Icon Mil-spec), a fellow in a pick-up obviously didn't realize that my side of the intersection didn't have a stop and assumed it was a four way. As I made my left in front of him he began making his left turn. I had to swing wide to avoid the T-boning I was about to receive. I was doing about 20 MPH and had to aim for the ditch. I came off the road (not on the brakes) raised myself off the seat, bounced over a culvert and down into a rather steep ditch. My baby dipped in and out of that ditch like we were out on a play date. I went up onto the side of the hill by the rode and came to a clean stop, where I proceded to raise my chin-bar and let the driver know EXACTLY what he had done wrong. After receiving his apology, I rode home unscathed. Argo has prooved herself to me once again and though I was thinking of trading her in this year, I cannot in good conscience get rid of such a tractable and emergency friendly steed.
Ride proud Tiger riders, not many bikes can do what your girleys can do.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

jphish

Taz' - Good outcome to an otherwise risky adventure. A testament to your defensive skills that are obviously well honed, and in play, and Girly handled "detour" with aplomb. They are great for those unplanned off road adventures. Glad you're fine & it ended in a "ride away". TTFN, j

cosmo

Luckily, I got a shot of the carnage...
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Mustang

Quote from: "tazshido"I cannot in good conscience get rid of such a tractable and emergency friendly steed.
Ride proud Tiger riders, not many bikes can do what your TIGGERS can do.
fixt it for ya even though steamers can do it better  :lol:

tazshido

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "tazshido"I cannot in good conscience get rid of such a tractable and emergency friendly steed.

I beg to differ. I'm a guy that likes girleys. After all, if you don't like girleys what does THAT make you????
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Birdy68

Quote from: "tazshido"

I beg to differ. I'm a guy that likes girleys. After all, if you don't like girleys what does THAT make you????

*thinking hard...*
A hard-core Beaker!?!?  :wink:

Whatever - nice to hear that all ended well with each party member learning a new 'fact of life'.
Now go take a cold beer and relax for an hour or two  8)
Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they\'re hot!

Mustang

Quote from: "tazshido"

take two ,it's all in fun