News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Taller windscreen

Started by BruKen, July 07, 2011, 12:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

Has anybody tried this aftermarket windscreen from tiumph-online? Any comments before I shell out?
My current screen which is non original curve top marginally larger than the OEM directs wind to my shoulders causing a bit of instability at high speeds. Funny that. Head in clean air, stable as a rock but my upper torso buffetted about and transmitted to the bars.

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/tiger-9 ... 3685-p.asp

Sin_Tiger

The powerbronze one is a bit better and I think cheaper, may even be the same thing, there is a thread but I'm on the TAB just now.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

DWNUNDR

I went to the local bike wrecker yesterday and found a couple of screens.. was planning on making some brackets etc, but decided not too...

I hate that there is really no readily available options for the steamer.. not when I have googled for them anyways... and I dont like thinking that I will have to fork over $150+ for a screen...

have you got a link to the the powerbronze screen to which you refer??
1996 Tiger - which is pissing me off right now
2010 KLX110L for playing with the kids on the track out back...

Mustang

and for USA members like DWNUNDR these guys are right in Michigan .........

http://superbikestore.com/tiger_1992_1997.htm

DWNUNDR

thanks mustang.. Ironicly about 15mins after asking in my last post I found that exact one on ebay.. I think it may be teh same guys too...

My question is.. How significantly does this change the wind flow... is it gaudy looking on the bike or does it look kinda nice???

also out of the two.. which is better the darker or lighter tint??

its not like I ride with my head under it, but if it is a lot taller will the darker one play with my view too much??

Mustang

I have the light tint on mine because you you do need to  look thru it to see immediately in front of the bike , otherwise every thing else is seen over the top .

It creates a nice little zone just about where your head sits that lets me ride without your head being buffeted around .

It looks nice on the bike not gaudy at all .

and one from the side view

rybes

ive got a power bronze on mine and its ok. can cause a bit of turbulence forme tho if i dont tilt my head right. im 6,2 and wear an arai tour x and the peak causes the turbulence. otherwise its not a bad screen. im just gutted i broke the ermax one i had on it when i got it. unfortunatly they dont make them no more for it :( it had a good flip at the top. you didnt even need to have you visor down at all, sent all the wind over my head.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bob Tosi

the power bronze link shows for up to '97. Is that still good for '98's?
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

rybes

if yours is a steamer, itl fit  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

DWNUNDR

perfect pic to illustrate/answer my question.. thanks...

Guess Ill be ordering one up...

thanks Mustang