News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Electrical issue - no signals, horn or tailights!

Started by mtrdrms, July 25, 2011, 07:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtrdrms

They all worked two days ago, not yesterday, worked this moring and now nothing.   Suggestions as to where the short may be?

Andy
1999 Tiger (approx 53k miles)

"To reject the part of the buddha that attends to the analysis of motorcycles is to miss the buddha entirely."
-Robert Pirsig

Mustang

key switch is #1 culprit .the solder contacts fall apart

#2 is the wiring harness near the key switch
that's the best 2 places to start looking

mtrdrms

That would make sense, I just did the steering bearings last week.  Im off to have a look...

Andy

"To reject the part of the buddha that attends to the analysis of motorcycles is to miss the buddha entirely."
-Robert Pirsig

Timbox2

Yep, the green/white wire I do believe.
2016 Tiger Sport

mtrdrms

That did it.  Thanks a ton guys.  One other issue that has been plaguing the bike since I got it.  No front left turn signal.  The rear flashes very quickly and the front doesn't lite up.  The right side is fine.  I replaced the bulb.  Checked the connections to the harness and they are fine.  Could it be something that I am missing?

-Robert Pirsig

PeteH

Quote from: "mtrdrms"No front left turn signal.  The rear flashes very quickly and the front doesn't lite up. I replaced the bulb.  Checked the connections to the harness and they are fine.  Could it be something that I am missing?

With my right rear its the center spring contact, I just give it a thwack every time it plays up and its ok for a while. I could`nt be doing with taking the lens cover off all the time as its a right pain....and usually leads to a broken tab :cry:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour