News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Planting Season

Started by TigerKing, December 11, 2022, 07:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerKing

Sowing now for harvest 2024!

Scandinavian tour!
Life is short !

Lee337

Nit for me, my garden's barren  :rfl
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

Ikea is as far as I can plan ahead  ;)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Nordkapp and back in 20 days?

We'd each need £750 quid's worth of petrol, a new set of tyres before we left and some serious camping gear!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on December 23, 2022, 12:09:52 PMWe'd each need £750 quid's worth of petrol, a new set of tyres before we left and some serious camping gear!

You need to add the Bear essentials  ;)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Sir, I have no intention of travelling whilst bare or of taking a bear pillion.

In all truth once you add up ferries, tolls, food and drink, any trip to Scandinavia is going to be fiercely expensive.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

TigerKing

Thanks Nick, agreed that it might not be the cheapest 'experience of a lifetime' and budget planning / enablement is the perfect example of why such an experience needs planning so far in advance.
Throwing out some very rough figures for a ballpark total might look like:

Based on a 3 week trip or 21 days.
Fuel £750 (based on filling up once a day at around £35 per tankful)
Ferries £500 (worst case based on Santander example, plus a generous add on (as no ferries directly to Scandinavia from UK, yet!!)
Hotels £3K (based on £150 per night average and assuming all nights are in hotels/B&B's)
Subsistence beer (and food if you need it) £1.5k (based on generous average of £75 ish per day)
Add a few quid for good measure and the very rough ballpark comes out to around £6k.
So............bloody expensive in comparison to a week in Scotland or Wales, or Western Europe!!!
But I think this might be the worst case end of the expense scale?
What does anyone think?

And if you took the view the trip is roughly 18 months away that would break down to 18 times we'd have to put £350 in our Scando funds.

Even that's not always possible to do each month, plus the trip's not easy to justify in these trying times anyway and probably even less easy to justify with the better halves, two other good reasons for planning so far ahead.

?

Life is short !

Sin_Tiger

Sensible breakdown  :thumbsup

I think, it's one of those trips that you do either alone or just a couple of bikes rather than a group ride. That doesn't mean it's not worth talking about, even if it's just a dream for some  :new_popcornsmiley  It's that time of year when any excuse to sit and do a bit of internot research is a welcome distraction from the other nonsense  :augie

So keep at it if it's something you really want to do, you might just find a way and you'll certainly get encouragement, even if others are secretly jealous, think of it as taking one for the team  :icon_lol:

TigerKing

Thanks for the good advice and encouragement Sin, much appreciate it.
Life is short !