News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Now to put it all back together

Started by Madruss, June 06, 2021, 04:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madruss

Ok,
Just had fresh oil in & a ten minute run, so I might run it for longer, then another change as it hasn't been out on the road coming up for 2 years.
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Madruss

The Hepco Becker bars, I'd rather call them "brush bars" than crash bars, have taken a lot more time than I'd envisaged :icon_redface:
I found there removal from the Calyso donor bike was rather easy without the airbox in the way.
Stripping all the fairing etc back off the black bike made me feel  :BangHead 
The top left rear engine mount bolt was "fun" remove, the nut inparticular was  :icon_frown: Anyway the bars are 90% together apart from the front cross bar.
Regards Russ

Madruss

One good thing came out of removing the left side fairing was I hadn't bolted the water hose guard in place.
Upon attempting to bolt it in position, I found the clutch line required rerouting behind the hose  :icon_redface:
Regards Russ

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Madruss on March 14, 2023, 10:49:25 AMI found the clutch line required re routing behind the hose  :icon_redface:

And up in front of and between carbs 1 & 2 following the same route as the coolant bypass hose if you're being pedantic like me  :tin hat 

The plastic over engine shields look a bit odd  :icon_scratch:  unless that's just your temporary placement.

Coming together nicely though  :eusa_clap
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Madruss

Well there's another re route, the coolant bypass hose seemed a bit out of place.  :occasion14  I'll rectify it. :icon_redface:
The two plastic coil covers were in the topbox when I bought the bike. The previous owner said he never knew where they attached/fitted as the owner before him didn't have them inplace. Where I placed them is correct ?
Regards Russ

Madruss

Ah, another bracket which requires another screw near the exhaust :thumbsup
Regards Russ

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Madruss

Well  :icon_redface: now this all makes sense.
I'm in Australia, those parts were inside out & upside down  :nono
Correct fit now  :icon_study:
Regards Russ

Madruss

The overflow hose routing was corrected before we refitted the mikuni's too!
Supposed to be Autumn but 35c on my western facing deck  :icon_frown:
Regards Russ

Sin_Tiger

Madruss

Regards Russ

Sin_Tiger

Madruss

Unfortunately, at a full stop currently. :icon_frown:
Had a muscular issue with my back. Been off work for a couple of weeks & have re discovered acupuncture, which has put me back on the road to recovery.
Reassembly was going well. After stripping all the fairing etc off to fit the crash bars, I was starting fit it all back together. Other household projects became a priority (the Mrs project's) so it was all packed away in the tiny shed.
When I was ready to start again the back issues arose, so there was no way I could move the Calpyso tiger out of the way for access to the black tiger.
So that where it stands at the moment.
Why I went quiet on the forum.  :icon_redface: Thanks for asking.
Regards Russ

Sin_Tiger

Ask the Mrs. to move it for you  :nod  seems to work when the boot's on the other foot  :ImaPoser

:nono  No I'm not brave enough for that either  :cp  :blah 

Hope you recover well, keep it moving but gently  ;)

Lee337

Sorry to hear of your 'other projects' and the misfortune of your back issues. I understand how life can sometimes get in the way (see Daysie Daytona's diary).

Hope things improve for you soon & you can get back to what matters  ;)
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.