News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Out of storage spring 2022...
Last post by Lee337 - May 23, 2022, 06:33:39 PM
Generally do the same thing when I do any work on the front brake, pull the lever & tie it back for 12 hours. Always feels much firmer. Done it with the Tiger & Trophy as well as the 'Spares n repair' tiger I had.

Wouldn't have believed it until I tried it myself.
Bikes for Sale / Re: 1998 Steamer in Goldendale...
Last post by Me_Rock - May 23, 2022, 12:26:38 AM
Sold!
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Out of storage spring 2022...
Last post by ssevy - May 22, 2022, 05:23:29 AM
I wrapped a velcro strap around the lever and left it for a week or better. If the seal was bad, I am assuming I should have found the lever bottomed out from fluid bypassing and leaking out the piston shaft, which I did not. After being left like this, any air must have worked its way to the top, as the lever is now very firm and solid. I never would have believed that changing perfectly clean looking fluid could have resolved this, but it did, and I am back to my usual Amsoil and no more super expensive Motul.
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Steamer Newbie
Last post by ssevy - May 22, 2022, 05:17:39 AM
Welcome to the collective! Somes thoughts for you:

She's a big girl for sure, fully-fueled or just fumes, and I could not safely move her or put her up on her center stand without a rear rack. (I also like to have a pair of stiff-soled footwear on my feet when I am stomping on that sharp center stand tab, and it takes a good healthy pucker string to get it on the stand without shitting yourself).
Personally, I love the BRG, and think it would probably be easy for a paint shop to do over any color side cover you might be lucky enough to procure? My own side covers have been repaired with glue and are currently screwed into the airbox with metal roofing fasteners that have a rubber gasket included. My airbox didn't come with the holes already drilled, and I would not be surprised if a new replacement would also be undrilled?
If you can't source a used side cover, I'll bet you could have one 3D printed from the bike's other side cover by doing a mirror image in the software setup? Just a thought...
I put Galfer Wave rotors on my Tiger a few years ago during a brake job; don't waste your money, the EBC is just as good and was cheaper at the time. I've tried several pad setups as well, and the EBC HH seem to be the best stoppers.
Since you are new to us here, be sure to include your location, as that might get you some extra help in sourcing parts or services from people with regional knowledge.
Good luck, and again, welcome to the community!
Up and Coming / Re: Wales, here I come
Last post by Lee337 - May 21, 2022, 03:55:46 PM
Just 5 weeks to go. Tallulah has been serviced, Satnav wired in and now all ready to go. Could probably do with a clean, but as I'm heading to North Wales at the same time my parents are holidaying there, it's bound to rain.  :^_^
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Now to put it all back tog...
Last post by Sin_Tiger - May 16, 2022, 01:54:24 AM
Make sure the drain tube from the filler surround is clear. The screw in alloy ferrule often gets furred up and fine debris builds up in the tube. If it is blocked take great care trying to clear it as it's all plastic inside the tank. Blow from the bottom up. Check the filler is getting a good seal on the steel ring as they often rust.
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Steamer Newbie
Last post by Sin_Tiger - May 16, 2022, 01:50:20 AM
If the discs are original, as they might be at that mileage, they will be marked. If they are after market you might have to check part numbers, EBC are marked.

You might struggle to find an air box panel, let alone a BRG one, many get broken off and lost.

The racks are also hard to find, even the steel ones. I'd be tempted to go for the Colorado offering (especially if it's an alloy version), you could sell on the Givi as there's always a market for those. I'm sure you'd manage to get it off. You could always get a generic rack and modify the legs, shout if you need photos or dimensions.

I can't see from the photos if you still have the original foot pegs, removing the rubbers will give you a little extra leg room. Our late champion Mustang used to make CNC dropped pegs for the Steamers but they don't come up for sale very often. Do a search, I have a feeling there is info about Buell pegs being an option.

Not a great deal of help I'm afraid.
Engine and Transmission / Gear lear not returning to the...
Last post by aesdj - May 15, 2022, 07:49:31 PM
Gear lever is not returning to the middle position so I can't gear down, well not without lifting it to the middle manually. I'm thinking it's the return spring at fault so if anyone's got any information, hints, tips or advice about sorting this it will be greatly received. Thanks in advance.
Tiger Gallery / Re: Cathie Tiger
Last post by Lee337 - May 15, 2022, 11:34:14 AM
Great photos.

Clear blue skies, blue sea & a Tiger, bonus  :*
General Discussions / Re: Ear Worm
Last post by Nick Calne - May 13, 2022, 05:24:25 PM
It is certainly not healthy is it?  Perhaps they should have just picked a less risky hobby, like maybe motorbikes?
 :ImaPoser