News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front fender extender and lower front fender ** updated desc/details

Started by jsingraham, January 20, 2016, 11:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsingraham

I have a couple of things to get rid of if anyone is in need....one is a front fender extender that I had purchased years ago for my 98 tiger, but never installed it and have since sold it.  The part number is A9708019.  It has been brought to my attention by SPARKY that this part number may in fact be for the 99-01 885i models and not for the 93-98 carbed ones.  so word of caution there as the dealer cannot confirm for me either as it is an obsolete part number in their system, and can only tell me that it is a front mudguard extension, but not what it will fit.  If anyone is interested in it, let me know.  I listed it on Ebay the other day, but hasn't gotten many looks...If I don't get any bids on Ebay and anyone here is interested...for $20 I think I can have it shipped to your door if you are in the lower 48.

the other item is the front lower fender for a Girly....I had an 06, and bought this as a replacement, but again, I sold the bike before I got it replaced.  This one has the 4 mounting screws but only 3 of the rubber mounted insert nuts.  the one that is missing, the hole that it sits in has been cracked.  but I think with a new insert nut put in, it would hold up just fine.  Similar to the fender extender, have it on ebay with little traffic looking at it.  since it is a little bigger, may take a larger box to ship it, but could let it go for $25 shipped to your door in lower 48. 

Let me know if anyone is interested or wants to see additional pics etc.
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

Sparky

Are you sure the fender extender is for a Steamer ? that part number links to 885i and 955i models.  A9701020 is the part number for a Steamer kit. 

I would like one for my Steamer that's why I researched the part numbers to make sure.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

jsingraham

Well Sparky....I am not 100% sure...I guess since I don't have a a 93-98 model any more to test it on, I can't be sure.  I tried calling my dealer, but they can't tell me either.  Guess that is an "obsolete" part/number and they can't reference what year of bike it would go to, but could tell me it is a front mudguard extension!!!

So I guess when I bought it, I could have been given the wrong part as the intent was for it to fit on my 98 tiger...and maybe I got the part to fit a 99-01.  And since I never did fit it on the bike...I can't confirm which it is for...if you want me to take some specific measurements I will be glad to if you want to see if it may potentially fit. 

I did notice there is one on Ebay with same part number as mine...but the profile/shape is not the same as the one I have...so not sure if one is a superceded part number that still fit same bike or not.  PM me if you want me to get some measurements or anything or more detailed pics etc...would be glad to do so.

Jason
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel

Mustang

I've got a steamer fender extender (triumph ) on one of my bikes in storage .
I'll take a peek as soon as I can ................
but I  think this one you have is for a steamer ................

Sparky

If Mustang can confirm this will fit a Steamer I will buy it.

1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

jsingraham

Had it listed locally and it sold today.

Still have the front lower fender available if anyone is interested...also have it on Ebay, but will cut a deal to anyone here interested.
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel