Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Other Bikes / Re: Tabitha 1200
« Last post by ghulst on September 14, 2021, 07:55:24 PM »
Hahahaha, my Ducati has Mikuni as well… Does that send a message?
Electrickery / Re: Side and tail lights
« Last post by Bigfeesh on September 12, 2021, 11:08:06 PM »
My ignition live came off the inside of my bike, engine only ran wi bars canted over! Easy fix wi some flux and solder, back on the road that afternoon.
« Last post by ssevy on September 12, 2021, 03:28:10 AM »
I’ve had good luck rebuilding carbs, but the Mikuni float setup is very fragile, and you have to treat them like a 90-year-old with brittle bones!
The other pain in the ass is the number of different sizes of o-rings in them is just ridiculous (I suspect the designer’s brother-in-law had an o-ring factory).
Still, when you consider how well they actually work, carbs are really quite an impressive piece of engineering. I regularly get over 40 mpg, even heavily packed on my trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by ghulst on September 10, 2021, 08:38:01 AM »
Oh, that tension...   :bug_eye

So, it all depends on when exactly you can go and pick up yours and when I can pick up mine. It is all out of our hands...
« Last post by Lee337 on September 09, 2021, 05:51:27 PM »
:thumbsup

I have just booked the Ducati in for carbsury (surgery on carbs?) for the 28th. Same reason. ;)

I was going to ask what was happening to your Ducati.

It could still end up in a tie as I'm away on holiday from next week until 28th   :occasion14
« Last post by ghulst on September 09, 2021, 02:04:40 PM »
I've finally given up on Tabitha's carbs & dropped her off to my local mechanic this afternoon to sort out (I may have mentioned Carbs are not my strong point).
:thumbsup

I have just booked the Ducati in for carbsury (surgery on carbs?) for the 28th. Same reason. ;)
« Last post by Sin_Tiger on September 09, 2021, 01:48:49 AM »
 :thumbsup  :new_popcornsmiley

One of my least favourite jobs is carb work and it was a dark day when Triumph sub contracted the air box design to the Marquis de Sade  :icon_evil:
« Last post by Lee337 on September 08, 2021, 08:05:07 PM »
I've finally given up on Tabitha's carbs & dropped her off to my local mechanic this afternoon to sort out (I may have mentioned Carbs are not my strong point). He's going to balance them properly instead of my half assed attempt (x3) so she should be all good to go next week - just in time for the weather to turn.

Just as well I have Tallulah Tiger Lily to ride.

On a more positive  note, the one remaining untested part of Tabitha was the radiator fan. I knew it worked when I jumped the connector but didn't know if the temperature unit actually worked as it never got that hot while balancing the carbs in the garage.

I can now confirm that works too, so the only think not now working is me. 29oC here today & while riding along main roads was not a problem, riding through the village at school kicking out time had the temp increasing in no time. While there were many 'yummy mummies' to peruse, I'm talking about Tabitha's temperature rising, not mine (much) :XXsunsmile

« Last post by Sin_Tiger on August 25, 2021, 10:10:18 PM »
That's easily sorted, don't let her in the garage  :mut

I don't think the colour would have made any difference to past life bodgers who've previously owned my BRG one  :icon_evil: I've recently learned more about Showa and Kayaba forks of the period fitted to T300's than I really ever wanted to know :icon_scratch:

In my opinion, anyone who tries to "polish" fork tubes by using wet and dry on the chrome in a longitudinal direction is a ............ well the action used is a perfect analogy to the mentality  :nod

Anyway, in recognition of your efforts, here is a period brochure page, the headline for the text is very appropriate I think  ;)
« Last post by Lee337 on August 25, 2021, 10:19:20 AM »
Tabitha is currently siting covered in the garage while I await the return from holiday of my tame mechanic who is going to balance the carbs. I've had two goes now & just can't get it right.

She runs and rides, I took her out last week for a short 10 mile ride, but the idle being around 1500 - 2000rpm oncve warmed up is not fun.

On another note, I was sorely tempted by another 1993 1200 Trophy (in green) that has come up for sale, which I think I could get for a reasonable price. Had a lot of work done to it but for some reason just doesn't want to run properly. 60,000 miles and on its second engine, but lots of new parts including coils.

The downside is its green (not had a lot of luck with green vehicles so tend to steer clear of them now) and I suspect the better half would have a fit of she came home to find yet another bike in the garage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal