News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Steamer with bad habbits
Last post by Titus - Today at 08:02:11 PM
Well, that would be something, they are tip 152, one of them had leaked (coil 1 driver) but my electronist said its no problem. Ok will change all 3 tomorrow and see what happens.

If you dont let the engine start (wot) you get constant spark, soon as she fires and sparks have to be faster they (sparks) just fade away.

Of course it's a power delivery issue from the ecu, has to be.
Looking back over the forum, there is some evidence that the ecu transistors can fail on the T400, so hopefully the repair will work. Luckily they are not totally SMD boards. I did have one in bits years ago, but unlikely to have the photos anymore..
Last post by Titus - Today at 06:08:38 PM
Just hope it's not broken
Quote from: Titus on Today at 05:43:40 PMThe cdi I bought was 48 gbp  :rfl
So yeah, we'll see, I'll check all of the fuses just in case, reconect the battery just in case and take apart the start stop, maybe a hot wire loses conection, maybe...
Good price...
Last post by Titus - Today at 05:43:40 PM
The cdi I bought was 48 gbp  :rfl
So yeah, we'll see, I'll check all of the fuses just in case, reconect the battery just in case and take apart the start stop, maybe a hot wire loses conection, maybe...
And regarding the fuses, the connectors can become bad, both the main connector for loom to fuse box, and under the fuses themselves.
It's been a few years since I had my Steamer, so I'm struggling to remember, but I don't think there are any other fuses.
Most T400 cdi units will work, they just have different rev limits and some minor timing differences.
Germany has many, as it was very popular over there.
This is probably the best value

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364311056219
Last post by Titus - Today at 05:01:42 PM
Unplugged everything not related to the starting/ignition - same.
Does it have another fuse besides the main one in the "trunk" the rest are labeled horn/head/stuff like that.
Only place I havent checked for good contact is the start stop switch...could it be? Afraid of springs flying everywhere.
Cdi...yes on the way, but what if its a dud?
Think a swap of the cdi is the next place to go...
Last post by Titus - Today at 04:52:44 PM
Petrol flow not relevant, it's being fed by a cup, no filter, no tee in the carb (just rebuilt them).
Even tried running it on starter fluid, no difference, also thought about fueling but still...ruled it out with the starter fluid.
Also float bowls full of gas, plugs full of gas.
Ghost relay is the sidestand/neutral switch thingy, bridged it.
Could all three coils leave the chat at once and cause such madness?