News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Now to put it all back together

Started by Madruss, June 06, 2021, 04:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madruss

Progressing slowly. Remembering the reverse sequence ! Luck I bagged & tagged most bolts etc.
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

London_Phil

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

gcloys

Quote from: ssevy on June 06, 2021, 04:43:13 AMI had my tank welded with a special machine at a body shop, and it did not hold, as they used the wrong material.
I had it done a second time, and I believe it was nylon that they used, and it is still going strong.
I think I have a thread on here somewhere with the details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So glad I stumbled on this post.  There was no follow up to your initial post.  As a newbie owner but familiar with plastic tank woes from my Cagiva Gran Canyon, I'm happy to hear it worked well and is STILL working well.  Drader injection tool at precisely the correct temp and matching material I hope will solve any problems I may have in the future with my '98.

ssevy

Mine is still tight as a crab's ass ( and that's watertight )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

Make sure the drain tube from the filler surround is clear. The screw in alloy ferrule often gets furred up and fine debris builds up in the tube. If it is blocked take great care trying to clear it as it's all plastic inside the tank. Blow from the bottom up. Check the filler is getting a good seal on the steel ring as they often rust.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

gcloys

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 16, 2022, 01:54:24 AMMake sure the drain tube from the filler surround is clear. The screw in alloy ferrule often gets furred up and fine debris builds up in the tube. If it is blocked take great care trying to clear it as it's all plastic inside the tank. Blow from the bottom up. Check the filler is getting a good seal on the steel ring as they often rust.
Thanks for this advice. If this is the breather tube you're referring to then mine was clear when I blew from the bottom up with just breath.

Sin_Tiger

That's good news, worth checking from time to time.

Madruss

The tiger has been on the back burner for too long. Had an injury which prevented me for bending over to work on the bike, then a new job too.
Well got a week in the sin bin (covid enforced isolation) so focus is the tiger. 
Filled the engine oil & coolant but had to drain the coolant back out as the water pump was leaking.
Re did the water pump gasket/seal tonight, so tomorrow, as the USA servicemen would say "fire in the hole"
Regards Russ

Madruss

Got a bit keen yesterday to fabricate some footpeg extensions. Built a similar set out of stainless for my Tenere before.
Only had some 3mm mild steel this time but now have a new gasless MIG which I thought needed a run.
Regards Russ

Madruss

Regards Russ

Madruss

Had the battery hooked up to see what lights required bulb replacement before refitting body panels etc.
All the instrument lights bulbs were shot, (as I remembered on my last ride) one tail light bulb aswell. One indicator bulb only required a clean as corrosion was stopping it from earthing & working.
Regards Russ

Sin_Tiger

Nice job on the foot pegs, you'd have to look closely to see it wasn't stock  :thumbsup

I just replace all the idiot and back lights with LED's (except the low fuel) now that I can get a complete & correct set from LightenUpgrade delivered for £20, helpful chap is Mark.

Madruss

Sunny winter morning in OZ [attach id=18416]tiger 11 0822.jp]
Regards Russ

Madruss

Regards Russ