News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: 955i side stand a direct f...
Last post by London_Phil - April 13, 2024, 03:32:49 PM
My 1995 is long gone, but with a foot and  a brace the oem side stand did fine..Might have a piccy somewhere..
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Steamer with bad habbits
Last post by London_Phil - April 13, 2024, 03:30:41 PM
You can download the full service manual from the site, I think..
Last post by Titus - April 13, 2024, 12:17:55 PM
Thank you Beernard, pickup is on the way brand new from Britishlegends france, brand new, of course I've read through the forum and also blamed the pickup, thats why I have it new on the way, changed it with another type with totally different values and bike did the same, we'll see when it arrives.

Found out that white alt wire goes to a connector under the dash and to the ign switch, and little brown one to the same conector, ign off we have 12 to the wires, ign on we have 0.

Question, what does the alternator put out of these two wires fat white and little brown which were browned out and welded together and why do they go to the ign switch? Is the cdi getting a alt running signal? AC, DC?
Last post by Beernard - April 13, 2024, 09:50:06 AM
Gday Titus,
I have had a bad coil pickup/crank sensor (seems to live by many names!). The time frame was a lot longer, but when the bike warmed, the unit failed. Cooled down, ran again. Drove me nuts, but I was given the solution on this forum. Might be worth a look if you have no luck with your current adventures.
Regards, Bern.
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: 955i side stand a direct f...
Last post by Beernard - April 13, 2024, 09:33:19 AM
Hi Phil. I think the standard stand is too short, giving it too much pressure. When I flipped the chain adjuster (documented here somewhere, probably by mustang) and dropped the forks 25mm in the yolks, the stand length was perfect and has been for years. Please take from this what you will and all the best.
Bern.
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Ignition Coil?
Last post by Beernard - April 13, 2024, 09:26:08 AM
TT600 coils on my Tiger. They also give you a bit more room to play under the tank. I agree with Phil.
All the best.
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: scott oiler
Last post by RichardP - April 13, 2024, 09:15:16 AM
Just looked at the Turoro website looks interesting but where would you mount the oil reservoir, there doesn't appear to be a place without it being exposed?
Last post by Titus - April 12, 2024, 11:18:20 PM
Posted clip to youtube with its gremlin
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: Surging at 3-4k RPM
Last post by Flyingwombat - April 12, 2024, 11:08:06 PM
Thanks, was my dad's bike so it's not just a bike. Also I'm an engineer, so I spend my whole life trying to work out why things are broken.

Today I cleaned the injectors and fuel rail.

Battery needs a charge before it'll start again, so fingers crossed tomorrow.

At this rate it'll be running next January...
Last post by Titus - April 12, 2024, 11:05:51 PM
Thought about coils but refuse to believe that all 3 die at the same time and interval, remember runs 10 s then dies. Starts when shown the key so not a fueling problem, alty had wires welded, sent for repair, cdi is on the way hope to get it soon. Ghost relay is under seat 4 prong, relates to key on, neutral light and sidestand whatever you do or bridge the relay bike runs 10s then stops. However when sidestand down we get some 8v to the relay, sidestand switch does its job so cant be related. Ordered cdi from ebay today, some seller from uk, hope it gets to romania soon.
I will try anything you guys suggest, going out of my mind here. Bike is cursed, I swear.