News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Forum Look.

Started by London_Phil, January 13, 2022, 05:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

London_Phil

I just logged onto the T800 Forum, and they have changed the look dramatically. Its like being shouted at in multicolour.
I know these things need updating from time to time, but really....

Sin_Tiger

The Trophy (1215) forum, yes I am a member  :icon_redface: , has had a big revamp too and while perhaps not in the same Technicolour, it's not as comfortable an experience as the previous incarnation. What's going on  :icon_scratch:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

It's been updated to reflect more modern tech, ie Mobile platforms. Having referred to the Admin as a Snowflake for removing my post complaining about it, I am awaiting a decision on a permanent ban.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: London_Phil on January 13, 2022, 08:11:11 PM
I am awaiting a decision on a permanent ban.

Independent cross party enquiry  :bad I have been censured for mentioning that there were two previous models of the Trophy  :bug_eye
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

OK, so I'm now being actively Moderated for postings, as I am obviously untrustworthy, and have an opinion... That Forum is no longer on my Favourites bar, find the new look challenging, so at least I'm still able to participate if I want..
Price of progress I suppose...

ghulst

I haven't been on the T800 forum for ages. To be honest, the design of the Tigertriple forum has become a bit stale and it could use a bit of an update. Though I would like to keep the 'forum' feel and not make it a technicolour dreamscape. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

London_Phil

The problem to me is it appears focussed on the mobile platform look.
No problem as such, but there seems to be no option for changing the look to me as a pc user.
Appreciate it's a balance, but the lack of choice is disappointing, and the mobile look is fine, if you look on a mobile device.
The best example is Reddit, where the "new" look is mobile platform biased, but the option to maintain the "old" look, is much better for me as a predominantly PC user.
Those dancing Cats are not going to watch themselves......