News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Steamer with bad habbits
Last post by Titus - Today at 08:42:35 PM
Also, how do you make both headlamps turn on with the lowbeam? Only highbeam makes them both light up.
Last post by Titus - Today at 07:34:27 PM
Yes it's a drain, found it in a parts manual, and it should have a cap/plug, will fit something there.
Temp gauge goes to max if earthing it, so that is normal, just weird that it always stays so low, only if warmed up after a ride and left to idle the needle barely moves. Seen some youtube vids, some seem to be doing the same thing, others work just fine.
Bike is running perfect and I'm here bothered by a little temp gauge  :rfl
I'm sure the Airbox drain should have a bung in it, and the temp gauge sounds about right.
You can always try connecting it to some resistances.
Last post by Titus - Today at 03:29:21 PM
Further questions.
1.Temp gauge seems to not show anything above the second cold line, thermostat and fan switch are fine, getting up to about 95c then fan kicks in, no problem. Cleaned electrical conection, same, cleaned temp sensor, same, what to change? Temp sensor or gauge? Barely gets above the cold mark even if engine hot fan running.
2. I have a little conection small nipple in the airbox to the rear of the bike, its drawing in unfiltered air as it is after the air filter, small 8mm dia. nipple, what should that connect to? Should I blank it off ? Only airbox connection in the manual is the crankcase vent, is this little nipple a drain? It draws unfiltered air so a little worried.
Last post by Titus - Today at 12:55:38 PM
Thank you for the kind words Beernard, I'm doing my best. Still afraid of the cdi, should I get another one just in case? Maybe in a few years they will stop being availible. You can fix anything mechanical and fabricate stuff but that little bugger...
Tiger 800's (2010 - 2020 Tigers) / Re: Talyn's Diary
Last post by Lee337 - Today at 12:10:02 PM
Took Talyn J out for a nice littel 100 mile trip over the weekend.

It was toitally uneventful, noce roads, good weather. Stoped for a coffee at a cafe I'd never been in before. Won't be stopping there again, coffee was aweful.  :icon_cool:
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: Tallulah's Diary
Last post by Lee337 - Today at 12:07:39 PM
Some of you may be wondering what happend to Tallulah?

Has she gone? Well, the answer is no, she's still sitting in the garage next to Talyn J, but it's time to do something with her.

She's been sitting now for almost 12 months so I've decided it's time to do something about this and get her ready for a fresh MOT. I dragged her, literally out of the garage and in to the sunlight yesterday having first freed off the front brakes. At forst, I thought maybe the pads had just stuck to the discs, but no, the usual thing for these bikes, the brake pistons were all covered in brake dust, road grime and who knows what else so weren't retracting.

Off came the calipers and pads and with masses of brake cleaner & a tooth brush all was well again. A quick run up the road & back confirmed they worked although comparing them to Talyn'J's brakes, I'd forgotten how poor the 955i brakes can be. Thety still stop but just need more of a squeeze than the 800's.

The ouil was a little down, so this was topped up, which leads me to my next observation. The 800 gears are so much smoother and more positive than the 955i, which are far more clunky than I remember. Finding neutral is definitely a chjallenge. Now this may be down to her not being used for so long, at least I hope that's what it is.

Once I've got her MOT'd I think I'll tax her until I can sell her & use her for a while, just to loosen her up a bit.

The other thing I noticed (don't ask), is that only one of her heated grips is working. These are R&G grips, not the usueal Oxford ones. I thought perhaps I'd detached one of the connectors when I removed the dashcam to put on Talyn J, last year, but a quick probing with a multi-meter revealed one of the grips had failed. I can't be bothered to replace them, so when she is sold, I'll have to mention this.

So next up is to book her in for an MOT. Probably do this for next week some time, meanwhile, in an attempt to firm up the front brakes, I'm going to pull on the brake lever & tie it. This worked well for both the Daytona and Trophy by forcing any trapped air up into the master cylinder. At least that's my theory as to why it works.  :icon_lol:
Last post by Beernard - Today at 10:58:44 AM
Nice work Titus.
My recollection is that the great Mustang said he loved 1200 idle. I do too.
Bummer that your CDI played games. My original just shat itself instantly, about 100k from home. Had to hide her in the bush and come back to collect the next day. Looks like you are doing a great job with this bike. Well done.
Last post by Titus - May 03, 2024, 07:38:43 PM
Got the clock, right after I saved the one you sent me got a sugestion with one from germany for 47 euros, faved it and grabbed it for 45.
Sadly since brexit anything from the uk carries a heavy 15 pound min tax alongside a really expensive transport fee.
Anyway, clock is on the way, thank you Phill!
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Fuel stabilizer
Last post by Titus - May 03, 2024, 07:35:53 PM
Right Phill, gotta be careful with those additives, I fitted an inline filter for the crud and stuff, washed the tank but that messy white slime I think its the ethanol reacting with the plastic.