Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Girlie Charging Woes / Re: Trickle charging and side aux socket
« Last post by ghulst on November 29, 2021, 12:09:05 PM »
I've got three C-Tek XS 0.8'en for the bikes etc. and they all work great. I also love their connector options, so I plug the BMW one into the extra power outlet underneath the seat, had a cable direct to the battery on the Tiger and the Ducati and need to figure out what to do on the KTM, but that will come.
« Last post by Lee337 on November 29, 2021, 11:08:39 AM »
I have an Oxford Optimiser which does the job. I bought a Hella connector so I can plug it direct in to the bike socket. The original socket that came with the Optimiser was a standard cig lighter type, but I bought one on line which has an adapter so it fits both Hella and Cig lighter type so I can use it on either bike if I want to (that is once I repair the electrics in the garage)
« Last post by Sin_Tiger on November 28, 2021, 11:30:32 PM »
I like C-Tek, XS 0.8 will do the job fine for our batteries, not the cheapest but pretty reliable on anything but a serious dud. Not sure about connection through the accessory socket on a Girly, direct to battery is the most reliable option.
Girlie Charging Woes / Trickle charging and side aux socket
« Last post by p.fishman on November 28, 2021, 01:07:56 AM »
Hi,
Does anyone use a winter trickle battery charger? What is a good one, what sort of current do I need, is 2 amp enough? Is there an adapter I can attach to the side accessory socket?
General Discussions / Re: Daily smile thread
« Last post by Lee337 on November 25, 2021, 01:41:30 PM »
General Discussions / Re: Daily smile thread
« Last post by Lee337 on November 25, 2021, 01:31:15 PM »
Just been down to the gym, they've got a new machine in.

Only used for half an hour as I started to feel sick.

It's great though, it does everyting - KitKats, Mars bars, Snickers, crisps, the lot.
Up and Coming / Re: Unseasonal...
« Last post by Sin_Tiger on November 22, 2021, 12:58:50 AM »
........... to deal with all of the faded plastics and the battle scars on the tank. But I won't do that now. ........................... I'll add a topic soon.

Right approach for that bike I think  :new_popcornsmiley

OT - Murrayfield is always good fun, the actual game had only a couple of moments but I've seen both teams play better, that ref needs to be sent back to the TMO desk where he came from  :icon_rolleyes:
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: Tallulah's Diary
« Last post by ghulst on November 19, 2021, 10:40:10 PM »
Hahahaha, been there. Though not planned. I had just fueled up and ridden home, when the ignition on my Steamer packed in. That thing was a pain to lift off. ;)
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: Tallulah's Diary
« Last post by Lee337 on November 19, 2021, 09:13:58 PM »
Today was Tallulah's annual service, oil & filter mainly but took the opportunity to flush the coolant & replace it. Don't know when it was last done, certainly not during my ownership. The pink stuff that came out was somewhat cloudy & the cr8p that came out of the expansion tank needed to be seen to be believed.

Flushed it 3 times & refilled with some fluorescent organic Putoline stuff & topped up the expansion tank to between min & max. Just need to run it up to temp & keep an eye on the level now.

Note to self: next time I'm planning to remove the fuel tank, don't fill it up on the way home  :BangHead
Up and Coming / Re: Unseasonal...
« Last post by ghulst on November 19, 2021, 11:44:36 AM »
Arne... What a great present to yourself. It is good to see you care! Is that a 600?
Yes, a 640 Adventure R. Exciting stuff. Bought completely sight unseen and have not ridden a metre on it yet.  :icon_mrgreen:  Best way to do it, I suppose.

Looks interesting, like to see it when you've 'project' it.

Surprised how 'UK' the neighbourhood looks - aside from the absence of discarded junk food wrappers  :icon_mrgreen:
The exciting thing is, that this thing really doesn't need much work. Unless I would like to turn it into a showroom queen because then I would have to deal with all of the faded plastics and the battle scars on the tank. But I won't do that now. Some new brake pads, perhaps some brake fluid changes, probably a seat adaptation and setting the suspension to my blessed framework is all it needs for now. I'll add a topic soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal