News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Talyn's Diary

Started by Lee337, December 30, 2022, 12:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Screens and wind are horrible. I always have trouble getting a decent position on anything. The 800XC was alright, but I have not been able to become friends with the 1200GS at all. I am now on my 5th screen... Two of which were completely adjustable. Very frustrating.
I always start on a road where I can easily park on the side to then adjust the height. I usually start low, do some miles and feel the airflow with my hand. It usually gives me a half decent idea whether the screen needs to go higher. Then I adjust it in small increments and see the change after driving a couple of miles.

Not that this is perfect, mind you, but at least it feels like a structured process. If it doesn't work, you then buy another screen. Or another bike...
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

London_Phil

Sin's suggestion of a screen top spoiler seems to be a very popular option.

ghulst

I've had a couple (always have a decent one in store, just in case), but they weren't always the solution I needed. But if it solves it for you, then that is all the better. You can often grab them for a couple of tenners.

Lee337

Another little job done today. Was moving Talyn J out of the way so I could clean up Tallulah ready to sell & noticed the chain was a little mucky. So Tallulah stayed where she was & I pulled Talyn J out in to the light.

Odd I thought, that the chain is covered in crud, dry  & showing signs of rust as there's a scotoiler. So first job was to rhoroughly clean the chain. Unfortunately I had no chain cleaner but clutch/brake cleaner did the job. 10 minutes later & job done. Chain cleaned up a treat. What's better, no tight links. Turns out the scotoiler wasn't working. No wonder the chain looked bad.

Anyway, a little investigation revealed the oil tube was cable tied so tight to the frame it was squeasing their tube tight enough to stop the oil flow.

All now working again and I gave the chain a good lube for good measure.

Never did get around to pulling Tallulah out. Maybe next weekend.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

I do like Scotoilers, if they're properly installed, they don't take a lot of looking after.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

Got a dual injector system on mine now, since we had the,,you know..."incident" but the angle of the swingarm faces make it a bit awkward...

ghulst

Obviously any excuse not to sell Tallulah will work. ;)

Good to hear the oiler is active again. They are great to have, though I have to say that filling mine was terrible. It would spill everywhere.

Lee337

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

London_Phil

Looks good

Just a comment on indicators.

A while ago I fitted LED ones from later bikes, with a solid state relay, and recently got the 3d printed inserts with lights from ADVmoto   https://www.advmoto.co/about

Lifts the fronts to a better location, and the infill light looks good, and increases indicator visibility.
Would recommend. ( he actually sold me just the light inserts, and I made up the rest, but the whole kit wasn't much more expensive, and his wiring is better than mine...)

Lee337

Yep, been looking at those recently - still undecided though. Maybe next month after I've been paid  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Nice job  :thumbsup  vynil or hand painted?

That's a neay kit Phil, that person looks like the kind that will come up with product solutions for other issues / bikes, so that's a boolmark  :icon_salut:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XEQvQjKcLQ1sWxpR9

Mount hardware for the relocation is mine, not the kit. I only got the side repeaters

Lee337

I relented & ordered the kit.

As for the name, it's vinyl. My calligraphy is akin to doctors handwriting & I managed to buy 2 for around £10 including postage, although I've only used one of them.

I'm pleased with the result.

ghulst

Lee337

Of the indicators?

I'll put some up when I fit them  :icon_biggrin: