News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussions / Re: Nearly...
Last post by ghulst - Today at 11:29:14 AM
Great read. Thanks for sharing. Those 800XC's are nice bikes. I really liked mine. I would consider finding a comfort seat if I were you. It greatly improved my enjoyment of my 800XC.
Other Triples / Re: Daysie's Diary
Last post by ghulst - Today at 11:24:15 AM
Just a suggestion, as we see your mention of no power in the garage regularly... You could consider getting some battery powered lights to hang in the garage. Or get some 12V LED lights, charge an old car battery in the house, then take it to the shed to power the lights. At least you'll be able to see what you could be doing, before heading back into the warmth of your home. ;)

(No pushing here. I do have power in the garage, but I still haven't worked on the KTM for ages...)
General Discussions / Re: Daily smile thread
Last post by ghulst - Today at 11:20:27 AM
When I was a boy my momma would send me down to the corner store with $1.00.

I'd come back with 5 potatoes, 2 loaves of bread, 3 bottles of milk, a hunk of cheese, a box of tea, and 6 eggs.

You can't do that now...too many security cameras.
Tiger 800's (2010 - 2020 Tigers) / Re: Talyn's Diary
Last post by ghulst - Today at 11:19:08 AM
Quote from: Lee337 on January 25, 2023, 03:24:44 PM:rfl  My bank account probably doesn't think so  :icon_biggrin:
Well, I know that feeling.  :*&*

Thank you. More?
Last post by Sin_Tiger - Today at 12:35:34 AM
Quote from: Lee337 on January 25, 2023, 03:24:44 PM:rfl  My bank account probably doesn't think so  :icon_biggrin:

Why did you tell her  :BangHead   :blah   ;)
 :notworthy  :occasion14
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Tiger 900 Steamer won't st...
Last post by Lee337 - January 26, 2023, 01:05:45 PM
Bloody hel;l, I doubt if I could stand up that long.

Some cracking scenery there though.  :><
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Tiger 900 Steamer won't st...
Last post by fishnbiker - January 26, 2023, 08:36:25 AM
Quote from: macjaffa on March 20, 2022, 12:18:15 PMThank you for the help everyone,

...it started!  I meant to start it all gently, but I must admit I forgot myself and indulged in a few excited revs, rather quickly, but it idled happily for 20 minutes. Didn't start again after that, but I think I've lost the sprag clutch.  Would it even start with the sprag clutch gone, though?

Now it has at least started, I assume it's worth a little more effort.  I'll grab a Haynes manual and hopefully a sprag clutch...I guess I have to look into that now.  I can take the case off the engine on the bike's right hand side, so I'm assuming I'm one of the lucky ones who don't have to remove and split the engine. 

There is a 1996 sprag clutch available online...is this fine for a 1995 Steamer?

If you have a 95, you WILL have to split the cases. My 95 sprag gave out after an argument with a soccer ball sized boulder in a washout on remote roads in Northwest Mexico. I was able to ride it back to Canada using only push starts or parking on downhill. While still in Mexico I offered a free Tecate beer to anyone needed to help push start me. it only took a 6 pack to get 5,600km home. But the noise the sprag made turned me off the concept of a major failure, anywhere.

I ended up 120 km beyond the bottom of these switchbacks before my sprag issues started. Headlight shows the engine not turned off for short stops like taking a photo. Lots of fun getting up that hill with a 19T front sprocket & no starter.
Last post by London_Phil - January 25, 2023, 05:47:52 PM
Quote from: Lee337 on January 21, 2023, 07:04:56 PMI also bought the shock adjuster, which I also fitted today. The adjuster wasn't seized although I gave it a good spray with PlusGas just in case.

One thing I'm a little confused about is the adjustment of the rear shock. The Owners handbook suggests winnding the spring pre load adjuster all the way in (clockwise) and setting it at 0 clicks for two up, solo with luggage or off road and 24 for solo riding without luggage. Thing is, the full range from all the way in to all the way out appears to be only 13 clicks.

I've set it at 7 clicks for now and will see how it feels when I go out next. I haven't touched the rebound damping yet, not even to check what it's set at.

I never adjusted mine...Probably need to look at sag, rebound and damping settings. Or just ride it...