News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: Surging at 3-4k RPM
Last post by the slow heart - April 10, 2024, 02:24:40 PM
If the fuel map is updated and no test/sensor misbehave, the possibility of electrical issue gets less. Is there easy way to check that all three spark plugs fire at required frequency?

And since problem is in lower rpm some air leak still might cause the erratic situation. Injector seals renewal is a good move in that sense. You could think further which seals are exactly broken during your work, and how to check all of them for sure after the problem shows again ( since threads/screws seals are intact ). If you try to reproduce the problem with iacv socked unplugged from the el.looming, what happens?

Good luck!
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: 955i side stand a direct f...
Last post by London_Phil - April 09, 2024, 09:56:53 AM
It's a common issue, and I don't think the 955 one fits, but a lot of us had some supports welded to the existing.
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / 955i side stand a direct fit
Last post by PhilR38 - April 08, 2024, 10:43:40 PM
Hi all
Just did my first long trip on my steamer and the side stand is bending further and further - the weight of me and the luggage is pushing it past the point of no return. Does the 955 stand fit, or is there a way to get a stronger one?  I have climbed on my KTM for years without hurting the stand but the Steamer one seems to be made of low grade steel and bends easily?  Any fixes or suggestions most welcome.
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Ignition Coil?
Last post by London_Phil - April 07, 2024, 08:59:30 PM
They replace the ignition coil and cable. You try to get some with the connector still attached, then remove the old coils, and connect them to the coil wires.

This may help
https://www.triumphrat.net/threads/tt600-coils-on-tbs.505458/page-13
Last post by Aeschere - April 07, 2024, 08:51:21 PM
How does that work? You connect them straight to the battery without guiding them through the ignition coil?

Is the ignition coil part of the TT600 coil cables?

Bit new to the whole electronic side of the bike and just trying to wrap my head around it. Thanks in advance!

Last post by London_Phil - April 07, 2024, 08:02:50 PM
My point was the coil sticks are a better option, as you remove both the coil, a known issue, and the cables are not needed either, so if you are thinking of long term use, I see the coil sticks as an improvement.
Last post by Aeschere - April 07, 2024, 06:39:51 PM
I saw that as well, but those are the cables that go over the spark plugs. I am currently looking at those coils that are attached to the frame as the culprit.

Can't hurt to get some new cables as well though :)
Last post by London_Phil - April 07, 2024, 05:39:50 PM
I fitted over-plug coil packs (stick coils) from a 2000  TT600 on mine. Was able to use the original TT600 rubber bungs to support the stick coil and keep debris from the plug hole. Worked well, and a few people have done it. Original coils are known to fail after a while.
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Ignition Coil?
Last post by Aeschere - April 07, 2024, 03:55:06 PM
Hello all,

The Tiger keeps throwing new things at me every time I would like to go for a ride...

Last week, I had some issues where the middle pipe wasn't heating up, the bike would stutter in low revs and would die when I pressed the clutch lever (and the revs dropped). This looked to be just a faulty spark plug and was quickly remedied. However, today, I was experiencing the same issue, again on the middle pipe. Thinking I might just had a bad plug, I replaced it again. The pipe heated up and off I went.

However, during the trip, I noticed that my revs kept fluctuating a bit when idling. When cruising around with 50-60 km/h, it felt as if I was on a merry-go-round. I am wearing ear-plugs when I ride but I would hear some pops coming from the exhaust and something that was vibrating more than usual.

The ride was to a motorcycle event so I talked the problem over with some people there and they almost all concluded that it might be the ignition coil (bobine) that could be the issue. Are they right? And if so, what replacement parts do you folks recommend. A few years ago it was suggested to replace them with Nology Profire coils but is this still the case? Even for people in the EU? $89 a piece, not including shipping and import is making me sad...

Thanks in advance!
General Discussions / Re: Comms advice
Last post by Lee337 - April 04, 2024, 12:08:31 PM
I suspect cyclists in the Netherlands who have respect for other road users, are a completely different breed to the Lycra clad cyclists who roam in packs on roads around here.

I own a mountain bike & have done for many years & to be fair, I have no problem with most cyclists  :icon_lol: