News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussions / Re: Comms advice
Last post by Lee337 - April 02, 2024, 07:49:21 PM
I have Spotify, Amazon music & Planet Rock on my phone but was trying to avoid that as I have a limited data sim, but it's looking like a pay as you go data sim may be the easier option. To be fair, its likely I'd listen to Planet Rock anyway  maybe a podcast or two at most
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: Surging at 3-4k RPM
Last post by ghulst - April 02, 2024, 03:50:14 PM
When you cleaned the carbs, did you really push something through all of the needles and thoroughly did the same with all of the other little passageways within the carbs?

I did an ultrasonic cleaning session on the carbs of my Ducati and then I needed to do it again. ;)
Last post by ghulst - April 02, 2024, 03:48:13 PM
Installing the Cardo seems to be an adventure in itself. :icon_lol: 
Another option to listen to the radio would be to install the radio station app on your phone. A lot of radio stations do have their own apps where you can listen to the live stream, which means that it will be on longer than your album.
Another option, if you use Spotify and probably every other streaming music service, is to select some kind of "artist radio" where they choose songs to play that are similar to music from the artist that you have chosen.
Last post by Lee337 - April 02, 2024, 12:29:45 PM
Took a short ride out yeaterday to test the Cardo Freecom & have to say it's a vast improvement. Music is nice & clear, Satnav instructions are audible and what I didn't know was that the faster you're going, the louder the volume from the Cardo.  Took me a while it's actually reacting to background (wind) noise in my helmet & not actually related to speed.  :BangHead

The only real annoying thing is when listening to music, it kept cutting out for up to 5 seconds. Again it took a while to work out why. My Garmin satnav had too many notifications set. It 'bing'ed when approaching a reduced speed area, i.e. 60 to 30mph, or when approaching a school, or speed camera, or traffic lights, or junction which on the route I took, was a lot.

Now removed all the satnav notifications except directions when actually navigating somewhere. I also couldn't get the Cardo to respond to voice commands. I had my Ghost camera on as I was also testing a new in helmet mic. I lost count of howmany times I said something like 'Cardo, volume up/down' or 'Cardo, next track' or 'Cardo, play music'.

Turns out the commands start with 'Hey, Cardo...' & to make things doubly challenging, I was playing music from my phone via my satnav, not directly to the Cardo. This too has now been sorted. At least I hope it has, I'll have to wait until I go out next time to test it.  :wheel
Other Triples / Re: 2008 Street Triple R
Last post by ghulst - April 01, 2024, 08:44:20 PM
True and I like to do that, but it is a bit of a hit and miss to really know what the actual situation was when new.

In this case the guy had this great tool that measured the sag and gave him the measurements that he needed. Plus he did some screwing with different settings that I just didn't understand anyway. I mean, I know what he was screwing on, but I don't have a clue how much and in which way. :D
Last post by Lee337 - April 01, 2024, 04:44:15 PM
Excellent result  :><

Far from being a suspension/handling guru, I always reset the suspension to stock when I get a new (to me) bike. Even if it's tired, I find it a good starting point as manufacturers usually set the bikes up for the average rider, which describes me to a T. Plus you never know whether a ham fisted lard ar$e owned it before. Next up is the position of the brake levers & clutch lever, just to make things eassier & more comfy.
Last post by Lee337 - April 01, 2024, 01:49:34 PM
Now I have a nice new comms system in my lid which has the capability to play FM radio, it got me thinking  :icon_scratch:

If it's capable of picking up an FM radio signal, could I buy a portable DAB radio & transmit via an FM adapter (I already have one of those) to my Cardo?

I'm thinking for those longer rides which are lionger time wise than an entire album & where I don't have to put my music collection (on my phone) on random play.

The search begins for a suitable solution  :bad

Update: Already found a floor in my initial plan, the portable DAB radios use the headphones as an aerial, so not going to be as easy as I thought.
Last post by ghulst - April 01, 2024, 01:37:12 PM
Remember I said I really needed to get used to the handling?

Well, today I had the suspension looked at and that explained a lot. :) The bike was completely out of balance. It was heavily leaning backwards and the forks were set much too soft. So, even though I thought it was a nice bike to ride, it wasn't even close to being its best self.

After a complete reset of the suspension, the back of the bike is now much higher up and the whole thing now feel completely different. The guy warned me to take it easy on the first roundabout and he wasn't kidding. This is a very direct machine. You really have to keep your wits about you when you toss it in a corner now. But it responds so much better. It will take a bit of getting used to again, but without the strange responses when effectively the suspension bottoms out. :)

So, I am looking forward to more fun with this.
Last post by Lee337 - March 31, 2024, 12:38:05 PM
Bit the bullet & bought a Cardo Freecom 4x yesterday whuile out & about. Spent yeaterday evening stripping the olod Freedcon unit out of my lid & replacing it with the shiny (well not really shiny) new Cardo Freecom. I was briefly tempted to buy the Mesh version but quite honestly I spend most of my riding solo & quite like the solitude, I couldn't justify the addes expense for ther very odd occasion when I'm riding with someone else, usually my brother & as I previously mentioned, he's deaf.

WOW  :bug_eye the difference in sound is truly chalk & cheese. I haven't actually ridden with it yet, just sat at the table with ear plugs in & helmet on. Got a really strange look from Mrs L mind. Connecting it up to my phone & satnav was a pain though. Every time I connected the phone, the satnav disconnected & vice versa, It's supplsed to have two Bluetooth channels. That is until I read the instructions, which tells you very clearly how to connect two different BT devices together.

So with phone & Satnav now correctly connected, I put some music onthe phone & was rewarded with a good, clear stereo rendition of Genesin' Home by the Sea, followed by Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit.

This Cardo unit is supposed to be voice controlled, with commands to switch the radio on & off (you need the app to store radio channels & only FM, no DAB), answer/ignore incomming calls, speed dial, switch between music & radio & access Google  :^_^

Guess that's the next thing I'll test, for now I'd be happy with a decent szound & being able to hear my Satnav instead of (quietly) 'Krrrrrshk at the roundabout' which is prettty much what the ond Freedcon unit did.

And just because I can, here's a pic from yesterday's ride. Relevant only if you know my surname  :XXsunsmile
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: Surging at 3-4k RPM
Last post by the slow heart - March 30, 2024, 10:10:30 PM
If after each dismantling you find throttles bit off balance, you might be right to prime suspect worn screws.

When you blow with mouth at iacv, are all three lines equally releasing air? When you continue blowing and finger block orifices at manifold, do you feel pressure block and silence? O ring under the valve should be good.

What about the spark plugs?