News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Dealer Tool or Tune ECU
Last post by owlmike - February 20, 2024, 01:13:45 PM
I just purchased  "Proscan Automotive" cable and Tigertool software (For Triumph Tiger 800 Diagnostic Cable Reset Service ABS TPMS Live Data Bleed) that was advertised by the seller as suitable for my 2001 Tiger 885i

I have just been messaged by the Tiger Tool developer that it is not compatible with my age of bike.
He recommended Dealertool or Tune ECU can anyone on here help me out on what and where to buy please?
 :m
Other Triples / Re: Where to go next...
Last post by ghulst - February 18, 2024, 10:47:30 PM
Thanks Lee. And to be honest, I think the Tiger 800 is fine with a pillion. I did quite a few rides with my daughters on the back of my Tiger 800XC and it was fine. It does not perform exactly as an unladen bike does, but that is to be expected. You just need to get used to it. :wheel  I would not change up to a 1200, as that also brings along a lot more weight, which might not be what you are looking for and will influence the experience even more. I think a 76kg pillion on the Street Triple would be very noticeable as well. Mostly because that is about half the weight of the actual bike.  :icon_rolleyes: 

Now I might actually go and look for a set of those Givi easylock sports bags so I can bring some luggage on a trip. And a new motorcycle backpack with the possibility to carry a laptop safely. And then it is probably just racking up the miles and see where this is going to bring me. The good thing is that the bike has had a full service twice in the past 1000km. 
ECU and Fuel Injection / Re: Poor idle on 885i Girly
Last post by the slow heart - February 18, 2024, 01:28:33 PM
Thanks, Lee, my bike is year 2000, and lambda socket is pending open in the loom just under tha battery left side.

I saw the option to adjust them in TuneECU, but still collect information. My current understanding for the idle trim fuel (co) setting is that it is a manually preset value for use by ECU, due to the absence of actual reading by lambda sensor i.e. plugged in sensor will provide co value ( correct if probe is working properly ) and the manual figure will be out of use. But I might be wrong. I saw few lambdas in ebay, none in worldoftriumph and think of getting one. If you or other fellow rider here has one not needed, please let me know, I could buy it.

The map on board is the standard 1 of 3 for the model, without catalisator, with standard exhaust. The detail is that when settings in question were preset, bike was not mine, and the map was some obsole one, unrecognisable for the TuneECU app ( hence the reason I swapped it to get app connected to ECU ). Might be the obsolete map once before required higher idle fuel trim and iacv. Anyway, whithout gas analyser/ proper lambda I cannot be sure what is purged off. I am not that skilled to judge the correct settings by feel of the bike performance/ spark plugs condition.

And by the way valves were done just before 5 000 km, all in midrange of specs. Total 85 000 km on the clock. Hot idling is smooth music, thinking throttle bodies sync is not necessary.
Last post by Lee337 - February 18, 2024, 12:27:49 PM
From memory, my 955i idles around 1200rpm, so I think you've probably done what it needed. Don't know about the Lambda sensor though, my knowledge of electrickery is not great (see Daysie's diary). I know some owners remove the lambda sensor & fit a sensor bypass (think my bike came with one in a box but I never fitted it). Earlier bikes never had one so I'm unsure what the benefit would be of fitting one restrospectively, not even sure if the wiring to the loom is there.

As for the IACV & fuel idle trim, these are calculated by the ECU., as I'm sure you know  & it collects data from all sorts of other sensors, including air barometric pressure & air and coolant temperature, so it's difficult to know whether the readings you're getting are good or not. I've had a look through the Triumph Service manual & it doesn't give any figures, only the range, i.e. for the IACV it's 0 - 180, where 180 is fully open, so I agree the IACV reading does eeem a little high. If you have TuneECU, I think you can adjust them. From memory around 35-40 isd about right although mine is around 60.

Out of curiosity, do you know what map you're running?

I
Last post by Lee337 - February 18, 2024, 11:45:06 AM
By contrast, I took my little brother on pillion today on TalynJ, all 76kg of him, to pick up his new bike, a brand new Aprilia Tuono 125.

Firstly, that extra weight is very noticeable in the way Talyn J habdled and acceleration being altered. I did expect it but having not had a pillion for well over 7 years (the last time was on my Blackbird) it was still a bit of a shock. Oddly, when I took her to the ABR festival & on to my tour of the South West last year, I was fully loaded with both panniers and top box pretty much at full capacity plus a roll carrying tent, sleeping bag & mattress, probably far less than the weight of little brother, but I didn't really notice the lack of acceleration then.  :rrr

Secondly, at a max revs of 5000rpm while it's running in, the little Tuono does a blistering 58mph (94kph). A bit scary on the duel carriageway surrounding Peterborough.

Think I'll stick to Talyn J for the moment although it made me think if I needed to carry a pillion regularly, I think the Tiger 1200 would be a better choice.

Enjoy the Street Triple Ghulst, looks like a fine steed you have there.  :wheel
Last post by ghulst - February 18, 2024, 08:03:25 AM
After doing a couple of nice pulls on the way home, I am sure it will. I just need to get my inner hooligan a bit more skills, so he doesn't end up in a ditch somewhere. ;)
Last post by 93TigerBill-2016 - February 17, 2024, 11:44:43 PM
I'm sure it will release the "Inner Hooligan"!
Last post by ghulst - February 17, 2024, 04:07:47 PM

Not the best picture, but I picked up the '08 Street Triple R 676 today. It was a nice 175km ride to get acquainted with a new bike and a new concept.

I haven't had a sports naked yet. I did own a Yamaha XJ550 for a short while, but only did a handful of rides on that. This is a completely different kind of excitement. That engine at 11.000rpm is crazy. Very different from the triple in my old Tiger 800XC.

I think I'm going to need to ride this bike in a whole new way. ;)
Last post by the slow heart - February 17, 2024, 11:19:11 AM
Changed the IACV lines and bike is idling really well at around 1200 rpm cold. Reading other topics here I see my idle fuel trim (co) and iacv are a bit different. First one 19.5, second 175. Air temp sensor is another suspect for showing higher numbers than real and have to test it to see are the above settings masking another problem.

My bike is without lambda sensor, is it ok to add one, or is it more complicated than just providing the seat for it on the pipe?
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Ticking and Low Compressio...
Last post by gcloys - February 16, 2024, 09:36:00 PM
Did you get this sorted?  Maybe some heat with a heat gun may do the trick. Check over on the Facebook T300 and steamer site, there may be someone with a similar problem.