News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Other Triples / Re: Where to go next...
Last post by ghulst - February 16, 2024, 05:37:26 PM
Well, it isn't that lime green with checkered flag motive Phil. ;)
Last post by London_Phil - February 16, 2024, 05:36:22 PM
Nice n subtle....lol....
Last post by Lee337 - February 16, 2024, 02:02:09 PM
Niiiiice!   :*
Last post by ghulst - February 16, 2024, 01:57:41 PM

Ok, so this is what might just be happening tomorrow... I made a cheeky offer on this Street Triple R and it has been accepted. Weather looks to be good tomorrow, so I decided that it would be best to go and pick it up before the current owner reconsiders. ;)
ECU and Fuel Injection / Re: Poor idle on 885i Girly
Last post by the slow heart - February 13, 2024, 09:57:44 PM
Thanks,
being not sure how much vacuum varies at the manifold, you might be right that soft silicone could shrink.

Will try to fit the thick braided gasoline resistant rubber ones. Anyway, not much space to bend them easily.
Last post by ghulst - February 13, 2024, 03:55:11 PM
I am a complete optimist Phil... 
ECU and Fuel Injection / Re: Poor idle on 885i Girly
Last post by Lee337 - February 13, 2024, 01:01:14 PM
I've replaced the ones on my Daytona with silicone vacuum hose. I've had a quick look back to see what internal diameter it was & how much I ordered. It was 7mm ID and 2m length (bought extra as I was going to replace the vac lines on the Tiger too), so I suspect 1m would be enough. The important thing is to make sure you have enough so none of the hose is bent too much when you fit it.

To be honest, either rubber fuel hose or silicone hose would do as long as it doesn't collapse under a mild vacuum.
ECU and Fuel Injection / Poor idle on 885i Girly
Last post by the slow heart - February 12, 2024, 05:50:52 AM
Hi guys,

my ponie kept idling evenly about 900 rpm even on cold starts. But resently problem evolved and requires bit of throttle to keep it idle when cold. Did the tuneECU and all tests went ok, no errors, sensors ok. My suspect are the IACV lines. Shall I replace them with gasoline resistant rubber hoses, or the high temperature silicone ones would be ok?

It should be mainly air I suppose, but some gasoline fumes also.
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Ticking and Low Compressio...
Last post by bunzelburner - February 10, 2024, 08:07:36 PM
So I got a new head gasket, piston rings, and cam chain ready to go. But I'm having the hardest time getting the head actually off. Head bolts are all out. Those three screws on the right side outside of the engine are out, the exhaust system is off. Frame bolts are off. I hit the head seam with WD-40 penetrant and been whacking it with a rubber mallet. It looks like it's budging ever so slightly on the edges but I cannot get the damn head to actually life off. I understand there are some dowels in there but they're not real big from what I see on the parts diagram.

Any suggestions for getting this thing to budge?
Last post by London_Phil - February 09, 2024, 10:27:54 PM
Quote from: ghulst on February 09, 2024, 09:53:59 PMI doubt they would be re-selling that at a dealership with full service history. ;)
You'd like to think so...