News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Steamer with bad habbits
Last post by Titus - June 04, 2024, 06:16:52 PM
Front fairing sent for a repair and respray, was looking awful.
Will be painted gloss black, was matte before and all scoured
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Wiring block installation
Last post by London_Phil - June 01, 2024, 10:19:16 AM
Looking good. As TigerBill said, a lot of us moved the fuse box forward for better access. I've got a pic somewhere.
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Wiring block installation
Last post by 93TigerBill-2016 - June 01, 2024, 01:47:13 AM
Nice, neat job.
I used a similar live/switched device from a guy in Japan (can't remember the name), and also moved the original fuse block to this position, for easier access.

Found it: "Eastern Beaver PC-8"
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Wiring block installation
Last post by ssevy - May 31, 2024, 08:53:34 PM
I finally had enough of the rat's nest of wiring attached to my battery, so I bought a Fuzeblock and installed it. Real easy install and it cleaned everything up wonderfully.

Before the install:

Clean battery:

Fuzeblock installed as far as possible rear under seat:
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: 24k Service done
Last post by TX_Grubby - May 27, 2024, 03:08:16 AM
:wheel
Had a great ride today. Noticing that the seat may have some hidden ROCKS in it though. Got home and luckily, the hot tube was ready to go!

Speaking Of Bikes... / Re: Next up an FJR1300
Last post by Lee337 - May 26, 2024, 08:46:33 AM
Resurecting this old post, I had Lincs Blood Bikes 'other' FJR this weekend. Nothing really different to report. The FJR I had was fairly low mileage, at a tad over 20,000 miles.

My first run of the weekend was 323 miles in around 10 hours. Now that doesn't seem a lot for 10 hours riding, but add in stops for pick ups, deliveries, food & fuel, it was a busy day & by the time I got home, I could barely walk.

This time out wasn't so sunny, I probably rode the last 60 miles of the day in rain. Surprisingly, the FJR's weather protection is pretty good, yes, I was a little damp around the edges as to be expected, but the high screen & fairings keeps most of the rain off the rider.

But, I can confirm that I wouldn't have one as a daily ride, not even if you paid me (the Blood bike role is voluntary, so no money changes hands). Not to put too fine a point on things, my a$$ and other :icon_redface:  'gentleman's parts' were still somewhat numb 3 hours after the ride finished.  :icon_eek:

Today is Sunday, I'm expecting a few more rides today. Hopefully not as far as it's currently raining. It's also a bank holiday weekend so I have Monday to do as well before I can hand the FJR over to another rider.

Oh how we suffer for our hobby.  :rrr
WANTED to BUY / WANTED: UK - 955i Exhaust Moun...
Last post by richard007_1999 - May 23, 2024, 10:53:33 AM
Returning my exhaust system to stock

looking for the Exhaust Mounting Bracket for Stock Exhaust Can

(Triangular Plate, with bend - 2 holes for the exhaust and 1 rubber ringed bolt for the frame)

thanks

Based in Worcestershire - UK
Last post by Beernard - May 22, 2024, 10:10:45 AM
Nice work, Titus. You are hitting winners!
Re the shock and your two-up use. I replaced my original shock with a Wilbers with rebound adjustment and a remote preload adjustment. I am very happy with the fast preload adjustment between pillion and non-pillion rides. Works for me!
Regards, Bern.
Last post by Titus - May 21, 2024, 11:49:15 AM
Thank you Phil, forgot about the shock pdf.
Last post by London_Phil - May 21, 2024, 10:06:49 AM
I rebuilt my shock. I realised it had a lot of free movement from lack of oil. I followed advice on this forum from member "Sasquatch" I bought the seals and stops then used Dexron III ATF and a charge of air, not nitrogen in the reservoir. The amount of gas is soo small there is no real possibility of explosion, however if you can get it done with nitrogen, that's the way to go. . I sent you the shock service pdf.