News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Ride Reports / Re: Lowest non classified road...
Last post by London_Phil - March 25, 2024, 11:23:14 AM
Quote from: ghulst on March 25, 2024, 11:15:03 AMCome over to NL and I will show you roads that never go above sea level at all. ;)
Hmmmm Anyone up for a trip to the Lowlands? but not a 5K epic adventure....
General Discussions / Re: Comms advice
Last post by ghulst - March 25, 2024, 11:22:01 AM
I hear a lot of good things about the Cardo series, especially when combined with the JBL speakers. I (used to) ride with an old ALDI/Medion Bluetooth set in my helmet. However, when I am wearing ear plugs, there is no chance I hear anything at all. Be it a friend talking or a call, they are hardly audible. So, I have been doing some research myself and I tend to lean towards the Cardo Pack Talk Edge/Neo. Yes, I know, that is probably overkill in your situation, but the newer tech in there might make it slightly less outdated over time. Plus, for me the mesh is interesting for riding with a friend and communicating with my daughter/wife on the back. So, that is what I am saving up for...
Last post by ghulst - March 25, 2024, 11:15:03 AM
Come over to NL and I will show you roads that never go above sea level at all. ;) 
Last post by London_Phil - March 25, 2024, 11:06:00 AM
I think I need to pop up and let you show me some of these lovely roads...
Ride Reports / Lowest non classified road un ...
Last post by Lee337 - March 25, 2024, 09:34:24 AM
Took a trip out with my new cheap camera to the lowest road in the UK.

Some say it's the A1101 near Peterborough and they'd be right. the A1101 is the lowest classified road in the UK which barely rises above sea level along its entire length. But leading off this is the B660, and just off that is a small single track lane called Holme Lode. This lane is approx 2m below sea level.

I'd hoped to put a video together using my newly purchased Ghost Drift XL Pro but for some odd reason all it recorded throughout my 70 mile run was me opening my back door & stepping into the kitchen when I got home, so a few pictures is all you get.
General Discussions / Comms advice
Last post by Lee337 - March 24, 2024, 06:26:30 PM
For a fes tears now I've been using g a Freedconn BT comes unit in my lid. I don't particularly want to talk to anyone as I usually ride alone.  About the only time I ride with someone else, it's my brother & he's deaf, so no point talking to him.(Get to the point Lee!).

Anyway, I ma8nly use it for the Garmin, occasionally Google maps and even more rare, music. But my old Freedconn is just that, OLD. it's BT version 2, the speakers are pretty much shot & the last time I took a call I'm told, it sounded like I was using two tin cans & a piece of string.

I've been doing some research & with a budget of £200 I've narrowed it down to a Cardo freecom 4x.

Have I missed any obvious alternatives?

Not really interested in mesh comms or long range, but sound quality is important.
Tiger 800's (2010 - 2020 Tigers) / Re: Talyn's Diary
Last post by ghulst - March 23, 2024, 04:14:13 PM
Four working vehicles at the same time? That's just excessive! Time to start wrenching on something.  :mut

Oh, and that camera is a steal. Now we are all waiting for more pics.
General Discussions / Re: Spam Increase.
Last post by ghulst - March 23, 2024, 04:11:31 PM
Shouldn't be. ;)
General Discussions / Re: Spam Increase.
Last post by Lee337 - March 23, 2024, 03:15:17 PM
Is one of them this?

You cannot see attachments on this board.
Tiger 800's (2010 - 2020 Tigers) / Re: Talyn's Diary
Last post by Lee337 - March 23, 2024, 12:00:21 PM
Had a bit of time last weekend as Mrs L was at her sisters.

Took Talyn J out for a couple of cracking rides heading north one day and west the other. probably covered 300 miles over the two days, with many coffee stops. Found one place which was a coffee shop, 2nd hand furniture warehouse and odds & sods shop. One coffee later and heading outside I spotted a Canon DSLR camera on a shelf. A quick look, no lens but a battery and 64Gb memory card and a price tag of £15. Copuldn't resist itso out came the wallet & in the top box went the camera (yes it does work & I have/had lenses to spare form my other cameras). It nowe sits almost permenantly with Talyn J should I feel the need to take photos when out & about.

Not your usual motorcycle accessory I admit, but at the price I paid, I'm not too worried about losing/damaging it. The strap is big enough for it to sit across my body over my bike kit, so if I'm on nice scenic roads, I don't even need to get off the bike to use it - result.  :wings

As an aside, I've been unable to find one of these cameras for less than £60, so quite a bargain. And before you ask, yes there were photos on the memory card of a rugby match and some post match antics which were somewhat disturbing  :bug_eye  I'm pretty sure that sort of thing never happend when I used to play (at least not that I was invited to anyway).

Anyway, back to Talyn J, they were the first long rides of the year and I thoroughly enjoyed them. A mix of fast roads, sweeping bends and more technical twisties. Talyn J didn't disappoint, except for one small thing, I was a bit concerned about a rattle coming form the rear every time I went over a pothole or bump in the road. So off the bike I looked at the usual suspects, contents of top box? no, all wrapped up & nothing clonking. QWhat about that odd Triumph floating top box plate? no, not that either. Chain? Rear hugger? Pannier mounts? WHEEL? Nope, none of those. Everything looked secure & bouncing up & down on the seat I couldn't get anything to rattle, clonk or make any unusual sounds. So I gave up & carried on with my ride.

Monday came & it was a nice sunny & warm spring day but looking at Talyn J, she was filthy (as was my car, you know how mucky black cars can look), so out came the hose. Both Talyn J and Jax (my car) washed & polished but by this time I was expecting Mrs L home. As she didn't take her keys with her, I decided it probably wasn't a good idea to go for another ride, so I opted to clean out the garage.

So there I was sweeping the garage floor, admiring my three big cats, Tiger 800xc, Tiger 955i and Jaguar XE, along with my old Trophy 1200 and the still not working Daytona. You might be surprised that I have so many or that all my vehicles seem to be British - I'm not, I'm surprised that four of them actually work at the same time  :^_^

Oh, the rattle/clonking sound coming from the rear? Turns out the tool kit under the seat had worked its way loose & was rattling around  :icon_redface: