News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ear Worm

Started by Lee337, February 21, 2021, 12:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

London_Phil

RIP Dusty. Jus found out.....
Have seen them live so many times over the years, most recently at Rambling Man 2017. Very Very Sad to hear. Dammit....

Bixxer Bob

They certainly have. 

I once heard Eric Clapton say he'd originally dismissed them as just another Hick band,  but later realised that they knew their blues base and how to write a catchy hook.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Lee337

Sadly, no video on this one

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Lee337

A special entry to the Earworm roll of fame.

RIP Charlie Watts.

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

GavD

Sad news
Charlie :icon_salut:

Saw them a couple of times in the 90's, then they came to see me at the IOW fest 2007. thought that was jolly nice of them :notworthy

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Lee337

Lee337

GavD

Lee337

I know it was a few weeks ago that we lost Taylor Hawkins, but still...

and this one...

GavD

So sad about Taylor, I had tickets to see them for the 4th time in London in July the day after Guns n roses at tottenham, It was going to be a LOUD weekend!!

One of my fav's

Nick Calne

When musicians your favourite bands start dying you know you are getting old...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Lee337

Thinking back, it appears that singers have a tendancy to end it on their terms, Kurt Cobain, Michael Hutchence (although that one's debatable), Chris Cornell, Nick Drake, Keith Flint, Chester Bennington while drummers go naturally (or at least by accident with some chemical help for a few), Charley Watts, Taylor Hawkins, Keith Moon, Ginger Baker, John Bonham, Neil Peart, Buddy Rich.

Maybe I'm generalising here a little, and I could probably name just as many singers who died by accident due to chemical influences, Jimi Hendrix & Janis Joplin spring to mind.

It certainly seems that to be a successful musician takes its toll...

Nick Calne

It is certainly not healthy is it?  Perhaps they should have just picked a less risky hobby, like maybe motorbikes?
 :ImaPoser 
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

TigerKing

Chaps,
Some really great tunes in that lot.
I especially enjoyed Alien Ant Farm and the young Elvis Costello who I didn't know was then called Weezer..!
And you've gotta mention the eye 'wateringly enticing' worm ...!  (what was Rod thinking?)

couldn't work out how to paste a youtube song here but if you can be bothered the guitar if and off beat drumming and his haunting voice always goes round and around and around for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euMNVyuqmwo&list=RDGMEM3vRVvLY6rn_98uxOr5tY5AVMeuMNVyuqmwo&start_radio=1

Life is short !

Lee337

Partial to a bit of Joe myself