News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Unseasonal...

Started by Nick Calne, November 17, 2021, 01:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

A spell of unseasonal weather exepected here in the next few days.  Might have to be some bike based commuting...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ghulst

I'm going to get a 'new' bike to commute to my house tomorrow... If all goes well. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

Make the most of it, weekend forecast is looking a bit frosty  :icon_sad:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Quote from: ghulst on November 17, 2021, 11:20:49 PM
I'm going to get a 'new' bike to commute to my house tomorrow... If all goes well. ;)

Sounds ideal!

Nick Calne

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on November 18, 2021, 02:00:39 AM
Make the most of it, weekend forecast is looking a bit frosty  :icon_sad:

Yup.

Lee337

Will be out & about this weekend, Mrs L is off to see her sister so while she's away...   :wheel
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

Very unseasonal, I got myself a present. ;) I'll do a topic later. Good thing the weather is unseasonal, as I will be digging into this one for a decent cleaning session over the weekend. ;)

Sin_Tiger

Matching ratchet straps and I thought only HD's went on tour like that  :mut

That looks like a fun project  :wings

I have tickets that have two year old moths, so off to Murrayfield to watch Scotland V Japan, must be the only sporting venue in Europe where you can still take weapons into the stadium  :rock-1:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

Hahahaha, I had to do a 5 hour round trip to pick up the bike, and transfer the title. To add to the difficulty, I had a meeting that ended at 10:30am and I had another one that started at 5pm. So, the trip had to fit in between those meetings and I had to fetch the trailer and hand it back in. I had considered going by train and riding back, but I just didn't have the time, unfortunately. I have been known to pick bikes up that way, but not this time.
So, no, it is not an HD and I've transported bikes on trailers before, but I do prefer to ride them. (Especially when the wheel things are set up for 17" wheels and not 21" wheels, as that made it a pain to strap down. ;) )

Nick Calne

Arne... What a great present to yourself. It is good to see you care! Is that a 600?

Lee...Mrs C is away this coming weekend and part of next week so I'm hoping the cold snap isn't too cold! :5moped

Sin... Take your claymore!

Lee337

Looks interesting, like to see it when you've 'project' it.

Surprised how 'UK' the neighbourhood looks - aside from the absence of discarded junk food wrappers  :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

Quote from: Nick Calne on November 19, 2021, 08:35:50 AM
Arne... What a great present to yourself. It is good to see you care! Is that a 600?
Yes, a 640 Adventure R. Exciting stuff. Bought completely sight unseen and have not ridden a metre on it yet.  :icon_mrgreen:  Best way to do it, I suppose.

Quote from: Lee337 on November 19, 2021, 11:14:20 AM
Looks interesting, like to see it when you've 'project' it.

Surprised how 'UK' the neighbourhood looks - aside from the absence of discarded junk food wrappers  :icon_mrgreen:
The exciting thing is, that this thing really doesn't need much work. Unless I would like to turn it into a showroom queen because then I would have to deal with all of the faded plastics and the battle scars on the tank. But I won't do that now. Some new brake pads, perhaps some brake fluid changes, probably a seat adaptation and setting the suspension to my blessed framework is all it needs for now. I'll add a topic soon.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ghulst on November 19, 2021, 11:44:36 AM
........... to deal with all of the faded plastics and the battle scars on the tank. But I won't do that now. ........................... I'll add a topic soon.

Right approach for that bike I think  :new_popcornsmiley

OT - Murrayfield is always good fun, the actual game had only a couple of moments but I've seen both teams play better, that ref needs to be sent back to the TMO desk where he came from  :icon_rolleyes: