News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Headlights, something strange !

Started by russ_fae_fyvie, December 14, 2004, 01:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_fae_fyvie

Heres a weird one, don't know if anyone else has had this happen before ?

I fitted the new relays a few weeks ago and since then have benefitted from the much improved night (i.e. commuting) vision, however this morning when I got off the bike and took the key out of the ignition, one of the headlights was still on !

I even turned the lights switch to off and then the alarm kicked in but even though the bike was 'dead' the headlight remained on !

I put my hand down to where the relays hide behind the rubber boot and jiggled them and the light eventually went off, just checked again and everything now seems to be working fine, but I aint got a clue what was going on there, how can one light be on when the ignition is turned off???

Badger

Did you get the relays with the diode across the coil  :?:
Growing Old Disgracefully

Robbie

the power side of the relay is fed directly off the battery so is live all the time. the ignition and light switch just control the switching side of the relay. sticky relay.
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

russ_fae_fyvie

Cheers guys., sounds like a sticky relay then cos they are Triumph relays  they should be the right ones, at least the damn thing went off eventually !!