News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Business must be good at Hein Gericke Glasgow

Started by Tigertriple, July 25, 2011, 07:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

I have been buying some new biking kit for my 12 year old Son and in the process of doing so I was in the Hein Gericke store in Glasgow today.

I had bought him leathers and boots from their online clearance site at the weekend and was in the store to buy a set of Oxford braces to go with his leathers and I was also looking for a pair of textile trousers for him.

They were selling the braces for £17.99 which is about the same as most other suppliers, however J&S Clothing are selling them for £15.19. As my Lad is chipping in  some of his pocket money for his kit I asked if they would offer a price match on the braces to save him a couple of quid.

The sales guy said that they do price match and he proceeded to check the J&S price online. This is where it gets good. He then went and spoke to the sales prevention officer (the store manager). When he came back he said that they could not match this price and suggested I buy from J&S  :!:  

I asked him why his company offer a price match gaurantee if they have no intention of honouring it. He waffled a load of shit and just looked dejected. I mentioned that I was also buying a pair of textile trousers and would that maybe change the decision. You guessed it, NO.

Now before I get any comments about Scots being mean or tight fisted :D I bought the trousers but did not buy the braces from them. It really pisses me off that companies offer to price match and then wriggle out of it when challenged to do so. For less than £3.00 they could have had a happy returning customer. Not to mention a future customer in the shape of my Son who incidentally was the person paying for the braces. Instead I will shop with J&S who by chance  reduced a pair of boots from £145.00 to £75.00 for me last year as a price match without any problems.

Maybe I expect to much, but on a Monday afternoon in a shop with no other customers in it I thought that common sense may have prevailed. obviously to much to expect. :roll:

I'll stick with J&S from now on  :wink:
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

NKL

I would have put the trousers back
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Tigertriple

Quote from: "NKL"I would have put the trousers back

Normally I would have. The only reason I bought them was due to them being in their sale. As my Son is growing all the time I can't afford to pay full price for his gear as it won't last a season. At least this way I don't lose to much when it comes to selling them on.

I always try to pick him up good quality gear in the sales. On this occasion I got the trousers for £49.00 instead of £149.00 at regular price. I won't cut my nose to spite my face, but you are dead right and as such I doubt if I'll shop there again. There are plenty of other good retailers to buy from.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras