News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tool Tubes

Started by Tigertriple, July 29, 2011, 09:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

I have fitted a couple of tool tubes to my Girly. I bought one a few months ago off a guy on fleabay. Since then I have managed to buy several from Agri Supplies in the US. I ordered them direct and had them shipped to my Brother in Law who has a home in New Jersey and he brought them back to Scotland for me.

Here are a few pics of them fitted to my Givi pannier rails. The one on the left side was the fleabay one the other is one from Agri Supplies. I fitted them using stainless steel 16mm P clamps with rubber covering. The left tube needed a small bracket also. I keep chain lube in one tube and general crap in the other as I dont use my luggage on a daily basis.

I have tried using acetone and also brake cleaner to remove the yellow graphics on then, but without any success. Any tips appreciated.

Set up with new trekker top box.

2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

pastyman

i like these and have just ordered some  :D

GavD

Hey pastyman,

Was considering getting 1 or 2 of these myself, unsure where to mount them on my steamer tho. Where have you mounted yours?
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

pastyman

will let you know when they turn up, but prolly on the bottom of pannier mounts.

with you avatar what ship are you on

GavD

Left in '07 after my 22, couldn't face any more of that shit.
Had a stint on Invinc, but mostly T42's & T23's, all out of Pompey.

Shame I haven't got a luggage rack, I don't think the bash plate bars are feasible, might knock up a suitable bracket to sling one of those tool tubes under the rack.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

bunker

A tool tube was the first mod i did to my '94 steamer; again i used 16mm rubber P clips and mounted them to the side of the Triumph luggage rack - everyone at work asked if it was a posh flask  :roll:  it stayed there till last week when i discovered that it made fitting throwover panniers a bit difficult - i remounted it to the front o/e engine bars with no problems so far
Tiger 885

Sin_Tiger

Might not be practical getting the paint off without damaging the surface finish. Might be easier to put appropriate stickers over the top, though I do not like stickers for the sake of stickers, there is a time and an appropriate place for them.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint