News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sprocket Assembly

Started by Henry James, September 20, 2011, 11:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry James

WTB
sprocket assembly from a 1993-2003 triumph tiger with cush drive.  Wheel spacers would be nice.

Mustang

start checking ebay ....the sprocket carriers from all the early triumphs are the same
ie. a carrier from a trophy 3 spoke rim is the same thing only painted black

here's one with the rubbers for 20 bucks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph- ... 43a765afaa

looks like it may have a different size bearing though

heres one I gauranty will work no rubbers though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph- ... 20b80ad3d9
this same guy has a bunch of different carriers from various triumphs
 the tbird and legend ones  he has will work too

bjago

Hey Henry.
Didn't you get the second wheel when I sold you the Tiger.  There is a whole wheel assy with cush assy on the stock narrow wheel.
05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

Henry James

Mustang,
Thanks for the head up.
Brent,
Gave the mag wheel and sprocket carrier to a friend, I am using the spoke wheel on the Tiger.
When I first built the cart, I used a Klr swingarm and wheel for the cart.  I am now going to install a Tiger swingarm, brake assembly and wheel.  I am going to use a proportioning valve so only one rear pedal and operate both brakes.  We will see how it works when I gather all the parts and pieces.  Should be fun

bjago

Quote from: "Henry James"Mustang,
Thanks for the head up.
Brent,
Gave the mag wheel and sprocket carrier to a friend, I am using the spoke wheel on the Tiger.
When I first built the cart, I used a Klr swingarm and wheel for the cart.  I am now going to install a Tiger swingarm, brake assembly and wheel.  I am going to use a proportioning valve so only one rear pedal and operate both brakes.  We will see how it works when I gather all the parts and pieces.  Should be fun

Didn't I give you the two spare wheels I had also?  There was the stock 3 inch spoked and then there was a wider 4 inch spoked from a newer Girly and then the wheel that was on there was from a sprint.  That should be three sprocket assy's all together.   Just wondering if I need to crawl up into the attic and look for another wheel assy??   :D  :D
05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

Henry James

Brent,
You gave me two spoked wheels with one sprocket assembly. two sprockets also.  I am running the narrow rim now.  I am going to change to the wide rim when I rebuild the cart.  And use the other rim on the cart.
Thanks,
John