News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

live feed in seat area

Started by mwrmoore, November 04, 2011, 06:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwrmoore

Hullo Tiger owners

Can anyone tell me where i might find a live ignition feed to run a relay for aux lights from under the seat area?

cheers
Matt

ChazzyB

Quote from: "mwrmoore"Hullo Tiger owners

Can anyone tell me where i might find a live ignition feed to run a relay for aux lights from under the seat area?

cheers
Matt

Rear brake light switch?
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

mwrmoore

thanks but which one is it - colour / location etc - much appriciated....

ChazzyB

Well, it's the one that starts at the brake light switch... heck, I don't know. I'd get my meter out and trace it.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Mustang

Quote from: "ChazzyB"Well, it's the one that starts at the brake light switch... heck, I don't know. I'd get my meter out and trace it.

:ImaPoser

amschnellsten

I popped the fuse box up from the two little tabs and used my meter to find a ignition lead. I tapped into the wire right below the fuse box. I the mounted the relay for the lights on the back side of the factory relays. I pulled the side cover off to gain access and then just screwed it into the plastic. I will try and take a pic in the morning

Bixxer Bob

Two things, I'm not a fan of Scotchlocks for tapping into wires because they can damage the wire you cut into and allow corrosion in but nevertheless do use them occasionally. When I do I use them I give the inside a squirt of silicone to keep it dry.

Second, you did tap into the fused side of the box so any short in your relay is protected?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Skotchlocks yeuch, and that's coming from a Scotsman  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

amschnellsten

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Two things, I'm not a fan of Scotchlocks for tapping into wires because they can damage the wire you cut into and allow corrosion in but nevertheless do use them occasionally. When I do I use them I give the inside a squirt of silicone to keep it dry.

Second, you did tap into the fused side of the box so any short in your relay is protected?

Two valid points. I forgot to mention to tap into the fused side. After you have found the ignition feed pull the fuse to make sure it is fused. It is  a very simple test.

As for scotchblocks, personally I never use them because they just do not last. I solder everything and then shrink wrap, or I use weather proof aircraft grade but connectors.